Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

New mom and super worried about my recent results

Options
maryhopkings24
maryhopkings24 Member Posts: 1
edited January 9 in Not Diagnosed But Worried

Hi everyone, just found this support forum and been reading a lot. Super grateful to find y'all , I'm in my head a lot right now and still waiting for the biopsy scheduling phone call and looking for some support.

My 2nd spot mamogram has referred me to biopsy, here are my results

----

In the left upper outer quadrant are 2 groupings of indeterminate, similar appearing calcifications, the largest in the retroareolar breast measuring 13 x 9 by 11mm and another located upper breast measuring 6 x 6 x 4mm. These demonstrate amorphous and round morphology, some what heterogenous.

Bi RADS 4A

----

Is two groupings and heterogenous a bad sign? My report says low suspicion but really looking for some reassurance from someone who may have had the same result..I'm also 10 months post partum and did not breastfeed but I attempted too, I tried for about a month.. not sure if that increases my chances due to not breastfeeding :(

Tagged:

Comments

• maggie15
    maggie15 Member Posts: 883
    Options

Hi @maryhopkings24 , I'm sorry that you have to go through the stress of a biopsy. BIRADS 4A means a greater than 90% chance that the results will be benign. There is no way to tell what is actually there from the imaging which is why a biopsy is recommended. Following through will give you peace of mind. People's actions don't cause breast cancer so don't blame yourself for anything you did or did not do. The wait for the procedure and the results is hard so try to distract yourself by keeping busy (easy to do with a baby!) Let us know how it turns out. All the best!

• pinkrules
    pinkrules Member Posts: 97
    Options

Hi Maryhopkings, Maggie gave you great advice. I just want to say that not breastfeeding didn't cause this! And low suspicion is a good report! Go one step at a time for peace of mind. If a biopsy is recommended or a breast MRI, both were painless for me. My doctor did give me a sedative for each procedure. I asked for one! I wish you and your precious baby the best!

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,982
    Options

Hi @maryhopkings24,

Waiting for more information is always an anxiety-provoking time. We do have some articles that can help you understand the mammogram report more while you await the biopsy and biopsy results.

To try to manage the anxiety in the meantime, you could try deep breathing, mindfulness-based stress reduction, and mind-body relaxation techniques (such as progressive muscle relaxation and grounding techniques).

Hope this helps, and let us know the results when you get more information! Holding you in our thoughts!

Warmly,
    The Mods

• purplecat
    purplecat Member Posts: 226
    edited January 10
    Options

From what I’ve figured out over the years, they biopsy pretty much everything unless they almost certain it isn’t cancer. Birads 4A, from what I understand, is “We’re pretty confident this is going to turn to be benign, but because we’re only 90 - 97% certain instead of 98%, we’re going to do a biopsy and make sure.” You were looking for people who had had Birads 4A, but I have a feeling you won’t find many here, because most of them get benign results and then stop hanging around on a cancer board! Waiting is really, really hard - do your best to stay busy and distract yourself. Congratulations on the new baby!