Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Blood Count -Liver High

Options

Hi All

Have been all good last 5 years but recent blood count showed liver emsymes out . ALP 230 jumped from 60 6 mths ago and LDH also raised above 200.

No elevation to Cancer Markers both low and well within range , however had pain in right shoulder for 2 mths.

Wondering if anyone has had similar high liver levels and been something else. Attributed shoulder pain originally to radiation and post surgery ??

Waiting ultrasound and CT next week on liver

I have been playing Dr google and liver results point to possible bone mets as GGT levels were not raised

Could anyone share their experience would be appreciated

Very anxious and scared

could the ALP be something else

Thoughts with you all

Comments

• kaynotrealname
    kaynotrealname Member Posts: 386
    edited January 12
    Options

I had my ALP levels go up, too, after I started AI's and it freaked me out. Still does although my doctor isn't worried. Anyway she explained ALP as an enzyme. It's not a tumor marker perse so a lot of things could cause it go out of whack from eating to exercising. It could also be a loss of bone mass which is what we think might be going on with me. Bone loss can occur quite quickly for the first year after being in menopause and rising ALP levels could be reflecting that.

• kim71
    kim71 Member Posts: 9
    Options

Thank you kaynotrealname. Appreciate your comment

Just a tad worries as also have this shoulder pain and levels were fine for 5 years and have shot up x4 in conjunction with shoulder pain.

Hoping and praying for some positive news

• malleemiss251
    malleemiss251 Member Posts: 107
    Options

I have learnt through painful experience that dental work such as an extraction can push ALP levels up as well.

• kim71
    Options

Thank you malleemiss251

• kaynotrealname
    kaynotrealname Member Posts: 386
    Options

LDH is an inflammation marker. Could be that the shoulder is damaged and your numbers will be high until it heals.

• kim71
    Options

thank you kaynotrealname Appreciate it. I am such a worrier / nervous person

• kim71
    Options

a