Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Looking to connect with other young ladies with MBC

Hello

I’m new here, I’m 33

Diagnosed in 2022 stage 3 DIC, 5/19 axillary lymph node involved, ER+, HER -. I did 5months chemo, double mastectomy, radiation. I’m now on verzenio and anastrozole. I fell well so far. On my recent routine blood work my ca 27-29 goes up from 26 to 44

Unfortunately Scans show multifocal bone metastases. Waiting for bone biopsy before starting treatment. I need some hope, suggestions. I’m really devastated

Comments

• aprilgirl1
    aprilgirl1 Member Posts: 743

Fighter00, I'm sorry you are waiting for a bone biopsy :/ there are some great mbc zoom groups and one is for people under 45.

look for the pinned post at the top of the stage 4 pages for the group registration . You will find great support there or in the stage IV discussion groups .

• fighter00
    fighter00 Member Posts: 20

Thank you @aprilgirl1

• sf-cakes
    sf-cakes Member Posts: 505

Hello fighter00, I'm sorry you're dealing with all this but glad you found this site. Do you know when your bone biopsy will be? I had one in 2021 when I was first diagnosed, it does take a while to get results - something about the substance in our bones taking longer to get results.

I had radiation to bone mets, which has worked to effectively stop the cancer, but I do think the option of radiation depends on how many mets can be radiated at one time.

I'm about 20 years older than you, so I don't think I qualify as "young" anymore, lol, but aprilgirl's suggestion about the support groups for under 45 is a great one!

• fighter00

Thank you @sf-cakes for your reply. I’m scheduled for the biopsy yet. Still waiting the call from the scheduling department

• fighter00

You’re very young @sf-cakes and I’m glad to connect with you

• roareus
    roareus Member Posts: 68

I am sorry you have to go through this @sf-cakes.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,683

@fighter00, as mentioned, here is a link to our Young with MBC meetup registration — we meet bi-weekly on Thursdays at 1pm ET. The next meetup is February 8. We hope you can join us!

—The Mods