Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Picture Forum?

Options

I have been reading through the old "Exchange City" thread and there is a picture forum of members who have gone through reconstruction. Is that still available somewhere? It would be so helpful to be able to see real women who have gone through the reconstruction process rather than having to weed through all the augmentation photos that always seem to be all I can find.

Comments

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,792
    Options

This is testing my memory but here goes. The picture forum was actually not part of bco but it was run by a bco member. It seems as if bco sort of sanctioned it as there used to be a thread where you could ask the member who ran it if you could have access. She granted access based on some formula, such as how many posts you’d made but I am very unclear about that. Sick as it seems, some people have an unsavory interest in those kinds of photos and she was simply trying to weed them out. At some point, even with help from another bco member, she chose not to maintain the site and that was the end. This was a rather long winded way of saying that there was once a picture forum associated with bco but not really a part of it and it no longer exists to the best of my knowledge. If any other long time members have different info, please post.

• momgoose
    momgoose Member Posts: 71
    Options

exbrnxgrl,

Thank you for the info. I was afraid that was the case. I can definitely understand why it couldn't be maintained long-term. I appreciate your response!

Christina

• jrnj
    jrnj Member Posts: 407
    edited January 20
    Options

I don’t know what reconstruction you are looking for but there is a group on Facebook with tons of pictures DIEP flap support group. I also had my tissue expanders removed due to infection. Led to change in plan from implants to DIEP.

• momgoose
    momgoose Member Posts: 71
    Options

Thank you jrnj. Right now, I'm still trying to stick with implants….but who knows what the future will hold!

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,990
    Options

Hi @momgoose,

Have you seen this page?

We hope this is helpful to you!

—The Mods