Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Been on Letrozole almost 4 years IDC

Options

I will not list all the SE I had during my last 4 years on the 2 ALS I tried but it was not good. I took a 41/2 week break still had some major foot pain, sores not healed up in nose and very itchy scalp any how I am now cutting my Letrozole pill in half and taking it every other dayIF my SE come back in full I am done. I figure 4 years is bound to have helped some. My stats are: grade 1A stage 1 no node involved IDC tumor sz 1.5 oncotype 16 with a 4% reoccurrence with an Al taken 5 years I guess it would be 8% if no Al taken.I was 64 when diagnosed will be 68 in june. oh yea i am also getting prolia shots twice a year no side affects from it. i have read terrible things about when you stop prolia shots so thats my next worry..... Good luck to me😎

I am back to taking the hole pill letrozole as of April 4th, so far it’s been brutal but I must be so used to pain, dry eye,bruised feeling foot that I lump daily almost pre diabetic now what fun it is just y everyday dealings with the domino effects of letrozole hard to say if I’ll make it to year 5 next May… just saying again good luck to me!!

Comments

• walkingmydestiny
    walkingmydestiny Member Posts: 24
    Options

• mandy23
    mandy23 Member Posts: 113
    Options

HI @walkingmydestiny -

Sorry you have had such a rough time with your AI. 😒

I guess the only 'good' thing is that you have managed to keep on it this long and it sounds like you are less than a year away from finishing.

I wish you well and hope your symptoms improve.

• walkingmydestiny
    walkingmydestiny Member Posts: 24
    Options

Thanks mandy23, yes it’s been ruff to say the least. I have till next May 1st 2025 that’s my five year date on letrozole. Hope you’re fairing well .🐕‍🦺🐾😎

• gailmary
    gailmary Member Posts: 451
    Options

Walkingmydestiny.

I know the feeling well. I stopped letrezole 9 months short of 5 years. I had severe insomnia and refused sleeping pills after an allergic reaction to the first one i tried ambien..

I don't understand how scientists think 5 years is this great magic number. There is no guarantee. I had good numbers so quit . Dr retired so never went to change Ai. Doubt that would have helped cause I don't think it's drug side effects as much as it is lack of estrogen they all cause. .at any rate after 5 more years it returned. Letrezole again. No side effects of joint pain the scond time but Took 2 years before insomnia hit hard again.

This time I took anti depressant also result of no estrogen. Eliminated most pain , anxiety and insomnia. It's a crap shoot. The great unknown. Do what feels right to you.

Good luck