Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I've Finished 5 years of Tamoxifen!

Options

I took my last Tamoxifen pill yesterday and I'm happy about that. I didn't think I could make it through the entire 5 years. It was really a struggle and balancing act to take a daily pill that aggravated my throat/stomach without destroying it. I've been taking a lot of PPI medication which I hope I can decrease soon. I'm not sure what to expect now but I hope that side effect goes away along with others. I've got some blood tests that became out of range about 6 months after starting Tamoxifen and continued to be abnormal all the way through the 5 years. I hope those reverse and return to normal.

Has anyone ended Tamoxifen recently and can tell me if their side effects went away? And how long it took?

I hope everyone is doing well.

Comments

• sue380
    sue380 Member Posts: 8
    Options

Hi

May I ask your dosage. That sounds horrible.

• veeder14
    veeder14 Member Posts: 271
    Options

Hi Sue380

My dosage was 20 mgs daily for 5 years. My stomach is starting to feel less irritated since it’s almost 2 months since my last Tamoxifen pill.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,996
    Options

@veeder14, congratulations! We're glad to hear that you've completed your course of Tamoxifen. Sending our best wishes for a smooth transition and improved health moving forward.

The Mods