Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Mammogram results

Options
jessica_zoe
jessica_zoe Member Posts: 1

My mom had breast cancer in her 40s. Had genetic testing which was neg. I had my first mammogram 2.5 years ago (before age 40) bc of that. No evidence of cancer. But extremely dense tissue noted. Followup at age 40.

Fast forward to this past week. I am now 40. So had my second one. This report, my density was changed to heterogeneous dense. A mass noted in right breast. Right breast also has nodular asymmetry in the posterior and inferior. Left breast focal asymmetry at 6 o’clock posterior. (I don’t like that I got specifics for the left but not right)

Naturally I’m concerned waiting for my followup diagnostics. Since I was a teen, I’ve had very cystic breasts- ultrasounds to rule out masses. Also very tender breasts- painful if I bump into them or squeezed too hard etc. I’ve asked the dr about that in the past and they said fibrocystic breasts can cause it.

I’m hoping that the density change has allowed them to see a cyst that’s been there that they are just concerned about bc it wasn’t showing on the other scan. Maybe the same with the density change- they just changed at different rates. Either way the whole thing makes me nauseous just thinking about it. Any thoughts?

Comments

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,980
    Options

We're so sorry you find yourself here with this worry, @jessica_zoe, we know the uncertainty and waiting can be so scary. Especially given your family history! It could very well be that the density change revealed things not found in your previous scan, and time, age, and hormonal changes may be contributing to the changes in your breasts, as well. We know it's so hard not to worry, and hopefully the follow-up tests will confirm that all is well. Please do keep us posted.

The Mods

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,787
    Options

jessica Zoe,

Waiting is very difficult. As none of us are doctors, and not your doctor, it would be impossible for us to comment on the situation. Stay away from Dr. Google and distract yourself as much as you can. We’ve all played the waiting game at some point and understand. Take care