Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

LCIS - BC in family -- NIGHTLY HOT FLASHES & PALPITATIONS - Can't sleep - MISERABLE & CONFUSED

Options
nycms
nycms Member Posts: 2

Hello,

I am 61 and have been in menopause one decade. I lost my dear sister to BC at age 42. About 10 years ago I had a surgical biopsy that said LCIS. Since then normal mammos but dense breasts.

I have waited for these symptoms to "pass" but now it's pretty clear they never will. My nightly routine is horrible palpitations and hot flashes and as a result very poor sleep. There is so much confusing and conflicting information about HRT. Is there anyone in the same boat who has found a solution? Can I start some sort of HRT so late? Thanks for listening. Sleepless and grouchy.

Comments

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,005
    Options

Hi nycms! We're sorry for the symptoms you're experiencing, but glad you reached out, and we hope you get responses from other members soon. In the mean time, we have an article on heart problems that you might find helpful in understanding and managing your symptoms, here: Heart Problems

You might also find our article on Using HRT (Hormone Replacement Therapy) interesting.

Hope this helps! Wishing you comfort and relief from your symptoms soon.

Sincerely,

The Mods

• brutersmom
    brutersmom Member Posts: 887
    Options

Are you on an aromatase inhibitor?

• nycms
    nycms Member Posts: 2
    Options

Hello, I'm not on any drugs. Just tired of being on fire—it's not normal. Would like to consider HRT to stop the heat