Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Life After Treatment: Hair?

Options
aram
aram Member Posts: 320

Hey all,

First I am extremely grateful to be alive. Given the choice to go through chemo and preventative hysterectomy, I would happily do it again without any questions asked about my hair. But at the same time I thought to ask the question, and maybe some of you might have some resources for me that are safe and not carcinogenic. If it has your oncologist's approval, even better.

I am 43, and have been in menopause for 2 years. My hair is falling like crazy and I gave many bald patches so that I was looking to buy a wig. Do you have any tips that might have worked for you?

Comments

• mandy23
    mandy23 Member Posts: 104
    Options

Hi @aram -

Sorry to hear about your hair issues. It's quite emotional isn't it? I am about a year out from chemo and FINALLY have enough hair to cover the bald spots that still remain and it may be that they are also SLOWLY filling in also. I haven't gone the wig route yet, though you never know….

I am taking Biotin and using Rosemary Oil on my hair twice a week in the evening and showering it out in the morning.. I am also only washing my hair only twice a week (on those Rosemary Oil mornings). I try and be very gentle with my hair as it is still quite thin and fine. Does the Rosemary Oil help? I don't really know because it says it may take 6 months to show results, but I feel like it is 'something' to do that isn't caustic. My MO is fine with it.

If you want to do a bunch of reading, this thread might help you:

Good luck to you! Take Care.