Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Please help interpret results

I recently had a mammogram and ultrasound screening done . Any help deciphering would be greatly appreciated.

BILATERAL DIGITAL DIAGNOSTIC MAMMOGRAPHY WITH TOMOGRAPHY AND COMPUTER AIDED DETECTION AND LEFT BREAST ULTRASOUND

COMPARISON: None.

FINDINGS:
Mammography: Digital diagnostic 2-D and 3-D mammography was performed of both breasts. Interpretation was performed with computer aided detection. The breast tissue is heterogeneously dense, which may obscure small masses.

Right: No suspicious masses, distortion, or calcifications.

Left: Irregular mass corresponding to the BB marker at approximately the 11:00 position, posterior depth. Targeted ultrasound will be performed.

Ultrasound: Ultrasound was performed of the left breast. At the 11:00 position 5 cm from the nipple is an irregular heterogeneous mass measuring 1.4 x 1.1 x 1.5 cm with indistinct margins.The axilla region was evaluated today with ultrasound showing no
abnormal axillary lymph nodes. Biopsy reccomended.

Comments

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,170

I am sorry that you are worrying about this. A biopsy has been recommended and that will be what determines the nature of the concerning area. We are not doctors so any questions you have regarding medical reports should be directed to your doctor*. Testing and waiting for results can be very stressful so try to distract yourself. Take care

*Some members disagree with me on this point but I’m a retired teacher not an amateur radiologist.

• macady12
    macady12 Member Posts: 3

Thank you. Hopefully I will know something soon.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,483

@macady12 We're so sorry you find yourself here with this worry, we know this can be an overwhelming time. The waiting is to hard! Hoping you hear back soon, we're here for you.

We also went ahead and removed your other two threads.

The Mods

• macady12
    macady12 Member Posts: 3

I just wanted to updated everyone. I have been diagnosed with INVASIVE DUCTAL CARCINOMA, PROVISIONAL GRADE 1. ER +, PR +, HER -.

As mych as i was hoping for a clean bill of health I am assuming with it being caught early that hopefully it will be easier to get rid of. Thank you all for your support.