Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Abnormal Mamo & Ultrasound not how I thought my day was gonna go

lknickels
lknickels Member Posts: 3

Went in for a diagnostic mamo yesterday for one thing and came out needing a biopsy for another. It was BIRADS 4 so trying not to think too much of it, would feel better if it said round or ovoid but I got irregular, angular, and indistinct. Biopsy on 6/25 so I will just try and enjoy my vaca next week and not worry about it until there is something to worry about. Just looking around on the page for encouragement from others stories. Not how I thought my day was going to go yesterday but here I am.

TECHNIQUE:
Bilateral CC, MLO and standard ML digital images are obtained. Digital breast tomosynthesis was performed. Spot compression views right breast obtained. CAD software is utilized in the interpretation.

FINDINGS:
There is an irregular focal asymmetry at the 6 to 7 o'clock position of the left breast, 12-13 cm from the nipple. This be further evaluated with ultrasound. No suspicious mammographic finding in the left breast to account for nipple changes.

No suspicious mass, architectural distortion, or malignant-appearing microcalcification in the right breast.

Targeted ultrasound left breast was performed.

At the 6 o'clock position, 11 cm from the nipple, there is an irregular hypoechoic mass with angular and indistinct margins measuring 0.5 x 0.7 x 0.6 cm in size. This corresponds to focal asymmetry seen on mammogram. Ultrasound-guided biopsy is recommended.

Tagged:

Comments

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,542

HI @lknickels6565, and welcome to Breastcancer.org. We’re so sorry for the worries that bring you here, but we're sure you'll find this space a helpful, supportive, and informative place and we hope you come back often, engage fully, and get the support you need -- if it turns out you need it. In the meantime, we're all here for you while you figure out what's going on!

Please let us know if you need any help at all while you navigate the forums. We look forward to hearing more from you soon!

Enjoy your vacation — we hope it eases your mind!

—The Mods