Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

ISO a really skilled surgeon

Hello, I was diagnosed Stage 1A Triple Positive IDC in 2019. Genetics showed positive for ATM mutation. Had a bilateral mastectomy with direct to implant reconstruction, three fat grafting surgeries. All well until now. I need more fat grafting AND I think I may have BII. My right foob is really swollen and irritated after I caught what I think was a mild virus. I’m just ready to get these implants taken out and have my own tissue on my chest. I contacted the esteemed breast reconstruction center in NOLA, but they are out of network with BCBS. If it’s allowed, can anyone point me in the direction of a very skilled reconstructive surgeon? Willing to travel wherever.

Comments

• dimples90
    dimples90 Member Posts: 22

wheatscapes,

Sorry to hear about the difficulty you are experiencing with the implants. I was fortunate to have surgery in New Orleans. Had to travel from the PNW. I also had BCBS and was told OON. Then our insurance changed so I was able to go there.
    I have heard good things about PRMA in Texas.
    Wishing you luck with your search!