Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Breast Reconstruction

Hello, I just had a bilateral mastectomy with immediate reconstruction. It’s been 48 hours since my surgery and I feel that both of my breasts are becoming warm to the touch closer to the armpit area. Is it normal? I don’t have fever and generally feel well recovering from the surgery. There is a lot of swelling and bruising of course plus I have tape all over my chest so I can’t really tell if they are red which could be another sign of infection. Planning on calling the dr office tomorrow morning but also wanted to see if anyone had the same experience right after the surgery.

Tagged:

Comments

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,249

Healing is a very individual thing. It’s good that you have no fever and feel well otherwise but please call your doctors office as soon as you can to check that all is going well. Take care