Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Icing Gear - Taxol treatment

huangyfmz
huangyfmz Member Posts: 4

I have a question - should we wear the ice booties and ice gloves for the entire infusion time (for one hour)? After 15 minutes, my ice gloves is no longer cold. Should I get two pair of ice gloves to keep my hand cold?

Comments

• maggiehopley
    maggiehopley Member Posts: 134

I wore mine the entire time I was getting the taxol, but not for the premeds before or the saline fluids after. I had a small cooler with a second set of frozen inserts to trade out halfway through. I also wore thin socks and cotton gloves (from the health section of Walgreens) so I didn't get frostbite. I think any brand will work fine; I bought the NatraCure brand from Amazon.

• huangyfmz
    huangyfmz Member Posts: 4

Hi Maggiehopley! Thank you so much for your tips! I'll get a second set of the frozen sets. I'll check the think socks and gloves as well (It was super cold without socks :). Thanks again!