Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Verzenio stage 2 or3

Has anyone taking Verzenio that is stage 2 or 3 done a dose reduction? Does anyone know if a dose reduction affects the effectiveness of it when taking as a preventative when you are stage 2 or 3?

I talked to my physician and pharmacist about a possible dose reduction due to issues with D. The D is not terrible for me, but is not great either. I have been on the med for about 5 months and have D 3 days week _ it is controlled by Imodium. My doctor and pharmacist were on board with trying a dose reduction, but didn’t seem to know if that caused any issues with the effectiveness of the Verzenio as a preventative for recurrence. I was unable to find anything online addressing this.

Thanks!

Comments

• scaredme
    scaredme Member Posts: 67

I was reduced to 100 during my treatment due to low blood counts and was told by my Oncologist that it didn't alter effectiveness.

• libelfreezone
    libelfreezone Member Posts: 13

I was on Verzenio + Arimidex for one month—the longest month of my life. Hot flashes, explosive diarrhea, deep nausea and fatigue, and intestinal cramps. If I can't get the dosage lowered, I don't think I can continue.

• lindafla
    lindafla Member Posts: 1

I started at 150mg twice a day. Horrible diarrhea.

Doc took me off for a couple of weeks. We started up again at 50mg once a day and then upped it to twice a day. So far so good.

We will try upping the dose again in a couple of weeks. Doc says she has had good results with this reverse engineering technique.

Also taking probiotics twice a day and hitting the greek yoghurt pretty hard.