Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Cold cap and hair re growth

hello, I am on my 9th chemo and still have seven to go. I do the cold cap, but my hair is starting to get thinner faster. I don’t use a hate, scarf or wig. I don’t put my hair up and only wash it gently once a week . If it gets much worse I will look scary, but I would still want to continue using cold cap bc apparently your hair grows back faster. If it comes to the point where my hair is covered less than a third of a my head and I want to wear a had or wig, does this effect re growth? Like does the friction of fabrics prevent it from working? Let me know your opinions please

Comments

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,558

Welcome, @allisonvfre. We're so sorry you find yourself here, but we hope you find this community to be a source of support as you continue through treatment!

People's experiences with cold caps can vary greatly, but generally speaking, wearing a wig or head covering in between cooling treatments won't impact your regrowth. Just make sure your wig or covering aren't too tight, as it can cause tension and friction at your roots and on your scalp.

We have a very extensive thread here on Cold Caps, which we're sure you'll find helpful. Lot of member experiences and tips and tricks!

We hope the rest of your treatment goes well, we're here for you!

The Mods