Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Did you feel like you were sick before your diagnose..?

Options
MissBenster
MissBenster Member Posts: 4

I wasn't sure were to put my post so I just do it here....

Two months ago I found a lump in my rt breast, I went to the doctor and had a mammogram and US and they told me it was just big lobules and with that I went home but I wasn't happy with that answer so off I went to my dr again and again they looked at my breast with mammogram and US and this time they told me it was a cyst and they did aspirate it and I thought that was it and went home...

But my breast kept on changing and it got more perky and changed shape and I could feel a lot of thickening also there was a dimple which kept getting bigger..then few days later I found a enlarged lymph node in my armpit and they asked me to come back..they looked at it with a US and the doctor told me it looked benign but she saw another one that looked suspicious and she took a fine needle example of it which was benign...so she asked me to see a breast surgeon and he could feel the thickening and saw the dimples and told me he was going to look at my pictures and talk with the other doctor and get back to me with in two weeks...

I also got it seems a lymphedema in my right arm, it's swollen all the time and gets worse when I use the arm a lot...

Now I'm just waiting and it's so hard....I've been so tired these last weeks...and these past few days I've been having nausea and dizzines and to day I started my period but I shouldn't start until after two weeks ....I have always had regular period just like a clock ...Iam 35 yrs old.

I just don't understand what is going on with my body...and it's so hard to have to wait so long ...have any of you felt like this before you where diagnosed..you know irregular period and this feeling like you are sick or something?

I'm not a American...I live in Iceland so my english isn't perfect but I hope it's understandable ... 

Comments

• adrienne2
    adrienne2 Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2009
    Options

Hello MissBenster, and welcome to the forums.

I don't have much information for you, because my situation is different: I thought I was perfectly healthy until a routine mammogram showed that I have breast cancer. I did want to reply to you, though, because today is a holiday here (Thanksgiving), and so there may not be many people logged in here until Monday.

I'm sorry that you are going through this, and I can definitely sympathize with that feeling of fear when you don't know what is going on. Remember, though, that your symptoms could be caused by many things other than cancer.

I know it is very hard to wait. Can you get some advice from your doctor regarding what to do for your swollen arm? If not, there's a pretty good section on lymphedema here: http://www.breastcancer.org/tips/lymphedema/ (use the menu on the left side of that web page to get to the right section).

You mention arm swelling, nausea, and dizziness: I wonder if you might have some kind of infection, or perhaps a reaction to some drug you are taking? At any rate, I think perhaps you should report these new symptoms to your doctor right away. 

Please take good care of yourself and let us know how things turn out for you.

adrienne

p.s. Your English is excellent 

• idaho
    idaho Member Posts: 53
    edited November 2009
    Options

I am  so sorry you are here....I agree with Adrienne and just want to add to please make sure that they test you for inflammatory breast cancer and the only way to do that is with a skin punch biopsy.  Peace and health to you. Tami   (yes- your english is awesome!)

• Beverly11
    Beverly11 Member Posts: 17
    edited November 2009
    Options

I had a number of vague symptoms before I was diagnosed.  Sore arm (on the side of the cancer), fatigue, pale, thinning hair, dizzy, a bit of weight gain.   My diagnosis was also missed a 1 1/2 years prior so make sure they run every test on you.  Early dx is key!!!  Thinking of you.  Please let us know how things go.

• Lisa1962
    Lisa1962 Member Posts: 13
    edited November 2009
    Options

MissBenster, I just wanted to let you know that I will be keeping you in my thoughts & prayers during this incredibly difficult waiting time---there is nothing worse than sitting on pins and needles worrying about your future, not knowing what is wrong, and not feeling well.  For myself, I ended up having a benign diagnosis, but I was so worried during my 3 week wait, and all of the testing, that I felt sick in the pit of my stomach.

Please take good care of yourself---the other women here at breastcancer.org have wonderful advice since they have traveled the journey that you are on.  You'll be in my prayers as you try to figure out what is going on with your body...............Lisa (P.S. You english is amazing!)

• MissBenster
    edited November 2009
    Options

Thank you all for your reply, I will mention it to my doctor about the skin punch..the lymphedema page is very informative, I will be sure to use some of there advise .. 

It's so good to talk to all of you, because you know what I'm going through..

Thank you Beverly11 for sharing that with me, I'm pretty sure that all of these symptoms are related ..

The BS told me that he thought that it would be best to do a biopsy...he talked about that it would be probably best to do a surgery where he would take a part of the thickening out or to do a core needle biopsy... and he was going to call me later after he has looked at my mammogram pictures and then he will decide which method he will use...

But it's so hard to wait as all of you know...

Which biopsy method do you think is better? 

Lisa I'm so happy for you that it was benign ...and thank you for all of your good thoughts... I know the women here are so nice and wonderful to talk to...

I did write my first thread in the ILC forum and the ladys there were so wonderful to me, I just wasn't sure if it would be right to write there again because I haven't been diagnosed..

• pcollins56
    pcollins56 Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2009
    Options

I'm waiting on results.  Had a biopsie showed no cancer but atypical cells, went in for a needle loc biopsie and they found a mass underneath the mass they had tested.  I've been looking at myself in the mirror for about 8 months thinking that I have such dark circles under my eyes that something is happening to me, my hair around the crown of my head is thining and I'm so pale i HAVE to wear lipstick when normally I wouldn't.  I'm really nervous my doctor said that the new mass was more dense than the first and there were calcifications around both masses.  Everyone tells me that if I had cancer they would have found out by now.  Just waiting till next week....

• Lisa1962
    edited November 2009
    Options

pcollins56, I just wanted you to know that I will be thinking of you and praying for you, as well, as you attempt to figure out what is happening with your body.  Try to take deep breaths (in through your nose, and gently out through your mouth) until you learn something.  You have found a wonderful group of women that have traveled this journey, and they will help you in any way that they can.  Keep us posted on what you find out.....God Bless You.....Lisa

• pcollins56
    pcollins56 Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2009
    Options

Thanks, I'm so glad I found all of you who are the only ones who really understand.  Will keep u posted

• MissBenster
    edited December 2009
    Options

Dear pcolins56 I hope that the mass turns out to be benign...It's so hard to wait such a long time for a result ..I'm still waiting to hear from the Breast surgeon and it's so difficult because I feel so let down ....it's like I have the flu or something..I have had a headache and nausea for a week now and that is making me crazy...

I'm sure there is something going on in my breast all the lymph nodes around my right breast are swollen and there is more thickening right under the skin...my period was just ending so my breast shouldn't be swollen or the lymph nodes ...I admit that I'm scared and feel a little bit helpless because of all this waiting time...I've been thinking if I should call the receptionist at the BS office and leave a message for him to tell him that I seem to have gotten worse over these past few days but I'm a little bit afraid to do it....because I have had to push so to have them do the biopsy ...

But of course I shouldn't because this is my health that we are talking about ....it's just so hard to be your own advocate ... 

• Lisa1962
    edited December 2009
    Options

MissBenster, I am not as experienced as many of the women here, but I do agree that you have to be your own health advocate!  Seriously, if things are getting worse with your breast, and now that your period is over you know that any lumps or bumps are not related to that, I would call the surgeon's office to tell them what is going on with your breast.  Don't think that you are being a pest---this is your health, and your future.  There is no one more important right now than you!

I will be thinking of you and praying for you that you will get some answers soon.  Be good to yourself.  I send my very best wishes......Lisa

• MissBenster
    edited December 2009
    Options

Dear Lisa you are so sweet to be talking to me and praying for me as we say here in Iceland you are a person made of gold..

My surgeon called to day and said that they want to have an MRI of the breast because they think all these changes are suspicious...now I'll have to wait for the hospital to call with the MRI appointment...he said he hoped that I could get a time before christmas but if not than in January ...I told him that it would be really nice if I could get a appointment sooner than later because it's so hard to wait all this time...and also because my breast seems to keep on changing...

Things can sometime take such a long time to happen but I'm happy though that they are going to do this though I'll have to wait some time more....

I'll let you know when I will get the appointment ...Its so nice to have you all here to talk to.....

I send you all my best wishes too Lisa... 

• Lisa1962
    edited December 2009
    Options

MissBenster, Thank you for your kind words.  I am so very glad that you will have a breast MRI done.  It is an excellent testing tool that can show great detail.  I will hope that you can have it done as quickly as possible, so that you don't have to continue to worry & wait.  Keep us posted on your breast MRI date so that I can pray you through the test.  Sending good wishes....Lisa

• RunToTheMountains
    RunToTheMountains Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    Options

Hi, I know this is an old post but just kinda of hoping someone will answer. I was just diagnosed with paget's bc. I am having mastectomy this Friday.  I ignored nipple changes for a long time.  I finally addressed it and now I am afraid i waited to long.  I felt fantastic up until recently. Now I feel sick.  I am afraid my cancer has progressed. So if someone out there had bc and felt sick before sx and could share it I would appreciate it. I have my first appt with oncologist this Wed.  I just feel bad all over including aching arms and back pain. I think my ca may have already metz. Did anyone feel this way before sx and found out it wasn't stage 4. Thanks

• proudtospin
    proudtospin Member Posts: 4,671
    edited May 2013
    Options

Ok, so the best thing to do now is to try to calm down, what is past is past.  You have called the docs and have your appt on Wed.  I did not feel sick before diagnosis but mine was dif type.

keep busy girl pal, the doc is the one to help you and hope they can calm you down

• makinghay13
    makinghay13 Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    Options

I felt very sick after diagnosis, it was due to shock and fear. If I read anything about breast cancer I thought it would happen to me. Everyone is different, you won't know alot until the after surgery pathology report. I know it is scary, it is so easy to say calm down and so hard to do. Paget's is rare and only as bad as the underlying cancer, so it in of it's self once removed is not much of a concern. Just be kind to yourself and others around you. It can be along road but you can make it through just pace yourself. It is not easy but doable, May 27th is my first ultra sound and mamo, had masectomy july 2nd for DCIS with all subtypes and final path found paget's.

• Yoli47
    Yoli47 Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2018
    Options

what is next? After being biopsied and diagnosed with DCIS stage 0 ...MRI shows extensive multicentric breast carcinoma and also 2 separate lumps in different areas which were both diagnosed the same DCIS...went back in for left nod biopsy now waiting for results.. whats next?