Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Concerned

Options
Pickle764
Pickle764 Member Posts: 8
edited February 2022 in Not Diagnosed But Worried

Greetings, all! I am a 35 year old mom of 3. For the past couple of months, I've had serious itching on the outer part of my left breast. I thought maybe it was from sweating or my bra, but it hasn't go away with changes. I've tried to not let it bother me, but recently, I've noticed tenderness under my armpit, warmth on the left side, and tiny lumps. It also dimples a bit when I raise my arms and is simply different from my right. I have an appointment Friday and am trying not to let Dr. Google get me down too much. Admittedly, I have health anxiety caused by PTSD, so I'm hoping it's my mind getting the best of me. Just wanted to share my worries since this seems to be a supportive place.

Comments

• ctmbsikia
    ctmbsikia Member Posts: 754
    Options

Hi there. You're doing the right thing by going to get it checked out. You are also right to stay away from Dr. Google. It sounds like a skin condition/infection to me and nothing like breast cancer. Let us know how you make out.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,010
    Options

We second what ctmbsikia says, just get it checked out, and take one day at a time. Please let us know how things go!

The Mods

• Pickle764
    Options

Thanks for the support and feedback 😊 I shall update after my appointment.

• LivinLife
    LivinLife Member Posts: 301
    Options

I just want to send well wishes and support too Pickle! Let us know how the appointment goes....

• Pickle764
    Options

Will do! Thank you so much!

• Pickle764
    Options

I had my appointment this morning, and she didn't find anything alarming. My pain has subsided quite a bit, and the warmth has gone as well. She just suggested keeping my upcoming mammogram appointment in November (which I definitely will).

She did find a big ovarian cyst that's likely been causing some pain, so overall, I feel pretty reassured by the visit. Thank you all for the support!

• LivinLife
    LivinLife Member Posts: 301
    Options

Glad you feel good about the appointment! That's so important! Wishing you well with November mammo....having that already scheduled sure was serendipitous! Maybe check back in and let us know how that goes if you will?

• Pickle764
    Options

I feel fortunate the gyn had already set up the mammogram at a prior appointment. I'll definitely check back in after to update. Thank you for the kind words!

• Pickle764
    Options

My mammogram is happening later today. Last night, I experienced a letdown sensation and discharge from both sides, so I'm glad to be going in to hopefully get some reassurance. Google, of course, says the new symptoms are likely sinister, but I read some anecdotes here saying it could be otherwise. Trying to remain hopeful. Will return with updates after my appt!

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,096
    Options

Pickle - stay away from Dr. Google at this point. GOod luck.

• WC3
    WC3 Member Posts: 658
    Options

Pickle764:

If it makes you feel any better, I had no strange sensations in my breast associated with my cancer really. Once in a very great while, I experienced what felt like a sharp bite from a tiny bug on the surface of my areola on that side but I have no idea if it was related to the cancer. It seems that the majority of odd breast sensations are not from cancer and the majority of breast cancers don't cause odd breast sensations.

• Pickle764
    Options

Thank you for the reply and information. I hope you are doing well :)

My mammogram results came back as normal with the disclaimer that I have dense breasts, so things could be missed. I followed up with my gyn Monday to discuss the discharge, and he ordered a blood draw for my prolactin levels. He didn't seemed concerned about anything serious at this point. The discharge happens quite a bit, but I'm just trying to wait for results. Big thanks to everyone for the support!

• Pickle764
    Options

Back again. My prolactin levels were normal, but the dr put me on cabergoline to address the discharge. I still have odd burning under my arm on a daily basis, and a small red spot appeared on the left breast the past couple of weeks. I happened to have my yearly dermatologist appointment today and showed it to her. She seemed puzzled by it and did a punch biopsy to be safe. Without a rash on my underarm area, she couldn't really say what the burning could be. I'm glad she's being thorough, and I'm a bit nervous for the wait. It's been nerve-wracking to keep having symptoms appear on my left side. Hoping to receive good news!