Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Leak in implant

Options
kmldpl
kmldpl Member Posts: 3
edited July 2022 in Breast Reconstruction

I had my implants (silicone) put in at the start of May. Last month I felt a lump, but an MRI showed it was scar tissue. But the MRI also showed a leak in the implant -- with what appears to be two small specks of silicone outside the implant. I obviously need it replaced, but have no idea how that would have happened after only six months. Has anyone else experienced that?

Thank you.....

Katherine

Comments

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,088
    edited December 2021
    Options

Katherine - what is your plastic surgeon or your breast surgeon telling you? Possibly a defective one? Possibly 'nicked' during surgery?

• kmldpl
    kmldpl Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2022
    Options

My breast surgeon told me to talk to my plastic surgeon, who asked me if I had had a biopsy recently (no, I hadn't!). She said she would replace the implant, and the only way to tell if it was leaking was to squeeze it after she took it out. I'm sure it has to come out, but I'm seeing two other plastic surgeons this week to see what they say.

• GalleySlave
    GalleySlave Member Posts: 17
    edited July 2022
    Options

Just curious, what happened? Were you able to get the implant replaced? Was it defective