Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Response with new treatment?

av2023
av2023 Member Posts: 2

I was diagnosed in December with TNBC - stage IIB in my right breast. I started ac+ Keytruda on 1/17 and finished my last dose on Tuesday 3/21. I begin taxol, carboplatin & Keytruda for 12 weeks beginning 4/11. The response was small on the original mass. They have now found two more lesions that are actively growing through a sonogram. As you can imagine, it was not what we expected to hear. Has anyone had this treatment in this order and had better results with the taxol/carbo & Keytruda

Comments

• mountainmia
    mountainmia Member Posts: 857
    edited March 2023

I'm sorry no one's been around to help you with this. I can't answer to it, because I didn't have your circumstances, nor your treatment. But my answer will bump this back to the top of the post roll, and maybe someone else will see it.

My best to you.

• nume
    nume Member Posts: 81
    edited March 2023

Hi av2023!

I had the same treatment but I started with Taxol, Carbo & Keytruda(12 weels) followed by EC + Keytruda. After the first 12 weeks the ECO was showing 50% shrinkage. Before surgery the Eco was still showing 1,2cm down from 3cm. I could feel the lump all along(shrinking somewhat) but the pathological report after mastectomy came as pathological complete response. What was left was not active anymore, only dead cells. I had all lymph nodes removed, all negative. I don`t know which of the two treatments was more effective... My conclusion was the sonogram is not very reliable at this stage of treatment.

After the chemo (Keytruda) I have Hypophysitis and will probably be on Cortisone for the rest of my life.

If you have any questions I am happy to reply

XO

• av2023
    av2023 Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2023

Hi Nume - Thanks for sharing….gives me a little hope….I'm new to this … what is ECO

• nume
    nume Member Posts: 81
    edited March 2023

Ah, sorry, av2023! It`s the sonogram. I am in Europe and the sonogram is also called ``ecography``(ECO)...

I understand you perfectly! I was in a panic for the first 4 months. Afterwards I felt so bad that I couldn`t worry that much anymore.

There is a thread here, maybe one year old, about this(very aggressive) type of chemo. Look it up. Results were very good.

XO