Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Under 45 with MBC Zoom Meetup: Place to keep chatting

This is a space held for our Zoom Meetup members to gather in between meetings for updates and support. Please remember to favorite/bookmark this thread for notifications of new posts

If you haven't joined the group yet and just found this thread, feel free to join our virtual meet-up!

Young (45 and under) with metastatic breast cancer (MBC; also called stage IV)
Register: Thursdays at 1:00 PM EST

We hope to see you at one of the meetups!

Tagged:

Comments

• luvthebeach39
    luvthebeach39 Member Posts: 1

Hello all! I just wanted to say thank you to the suggestions for thinning hair. After much research this is what I am starting with:

• Mielle Rosemary Mint Scalp & Hair Strengthening Oil
    • Mielle Rosemary Mint Strengthening Hair Masque

I will update everyone with how it goes!

:) Jessica

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,816

fabulous! Thanks for the update Jessica! We will look forward to hearing how things go

• kristaw79
    kristaw79 Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2023

Hi! I've not been to many meetings but I've I've appreciated all of them I've participated in this far.

Im reminded of how tough each of our journeys has been already and through it the strength, resiliency, love and courage we've all demonstrated to be here today.

I love hearing, sharing, relating as a mother, daughter, friend, woman/human, career-woman, traveller, adventurer, seeker, warrior, researcher, advocate and all the things!

I think we might be the group who collectively must juggle the most balls between young families, work, personal, social time +++ If the group meetings help you, show up for yourself... especially on the hardest days! Know you are never judged and we can appreciate those days too.

I look forward to continuing to lift each other up, laugh, smile, cry, curse and go through all the other emotions together.

Never hesitate to reach out, I'm happy to help in any way I can ❤️

See you soon xx

• banananessa
    banananessa Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2023

Hi Krista! Missed you at today's meeting. I'm happy I finally figured out how to post on here. Hopefully I'll see you in two weeks. Happy

• kristaw79
    kristaw79 Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2023

I like Lili's suggestion today to motivate ourselves and support each other to move our bodies and get outside for some fresh air too.

I use a Fitbit (Krista W), I also have MapMyRun app by UnderArmour I could use, not too good at using Strava but happy to connect with anyone on those platforms to virtual "high five" each other as we do our thing to move our bodies.

I have a goal of 10K steps a day, most days I don't hit it but if I prioritize a 40 min walk then I usually hit it. I love the days when I do my walk first thing in the morning and I'm at 8K steps before 10 am!! If I wait, the day gets busy or I lose my motivation.

I like going with a friend to. My best friend from high school and I walk together the most. She has MS and currently has a torn ACL so neither of us are fast lol. This morning we made a plan to go to the beach to walk before it got too hot out, did 50 minutes and then drove straight to the community pool where I swam laps with a float belt for another 40 minutes and 16 or so laps - I was winded after each one, let me tell ya! My treat at the end, 20 minutes in the dry sauna hmmmm

Have a great rest of the week everyone!

• tokyotamale
    tokyotamale Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2023

We talked a bit about supplements and other Integrative Medicine Therapies.

Here is MSK's very informative and extensive resource :

They also have an app called "About Herbs" :