Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Talk me off the ledge

I'm just about 1 year out from my Stage 1 diagnosis. Had a double mastectomy last July with reconstruction. Tissue expanders were exchanged for implants in November. Had to have a bit of fat grafting/scar revision this past April. Just after this last surgery, I felt a small lump just above my implant. At the time, I chalked it up to swelling from the surgery. Since it hasn't gone away or changed, I had my PCP take a look/feel. Of course, she said "it was probably nothing," but she's referred me for an ultrasound. She described it as being in the 11 o'clock position, which is the same position as one of my IDC tumors. I'm trying not to freak out, but of course my mind is going to all the bad places. Anyone have anything like this turn out to be nothing?

Comments

• shanagirl
    shanagirl Member Posts: 312

šŸ’—

• abigailj
    abigailj Member Posts: 100

yes - twice - had fat grafting for first time a year after my BMX with immediate DIEP recon and felt a small lump on the left side maybe 4 months afterwards- had to have sonogram and mammo - was just fat necrosis and resolved itself/went away within 6 months. Had more fat grafting and minor revision surgery to left recon breast a year later. The left side lump showed up 6 months afterwards and was a little bigger this time but once again sonogram and mammo confirmed just fat necrosis. Fingers crossed same for you!

• wondering44
    wondering44 Member Posts: 251

Hi dani,

I recently had my implant exchange without fast-grafting. I found a lump in the cancer breast not long ago. I could see the lump under my skin. I wasn't overly concerned about it, but I was sure to get it checked. I had an ultrasound, and it turned out to be benign. It was a 2-3 cm lump of good old-fashioned scar tissue . Woohoo!

• wallycat
    wallycat Member Posts: 1,219

No reconstruction but I found a small lump 1/4-1/2" from my mastectomy scar. Fat necrosis.

• dani_p
    dani_p Member Posts: 36

Thanks everyone. I have an ultrasound scheduled for this Friday, so at least I'll have an idea soon.

• wondering44

@dani_p,

I hope you got answers yesterday. Thinking about you.

Crossing fingers for benign results.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,808

Yes, @dani_p please keep us updated! Thinking of you!

• dani_p
    dani_p Member Posts: 36

I am pleased to report - benign findings! Was such a relief! My first scare post "everything" and hopefully the last! Thanks for all your support!

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,808

Fabulous news, @dani_p ! Thank you for keeping us posted!

• wondering44

Wonderful news. congrats!

• iriscernea
    iriscernea Member Posts: 6

Hi!
    I had a lumpectomy, at the age of 40, for Lcis in the right breast in 2017. In the same year, I had a bilateral mastectomy with reconstruction because I could not control my anxiety. In 2019, I did lipofilling, after which oily cysts formed in both breasts.
    2 days ago I had an ultrasound scan because a lump appeared on the scar tissue of the left breast (the breast removed prophylactically) which seemed more strange to me.
    Unfortunately, the radiologist could not see it on the screen and as a result, he proposes a surgery.
    on Tuesday I will go for a second opinion.
    what do you think it could be?

thank you!