Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Self adhesive prosthetic?

Options

So, I had my “fitting” for my prosthetic today (and I used that term very loosely because what she did was gave me a catalog and told me to pick three styles of bra I liked, and berated me for “wearing the wrong size bras”… it was an ordeal).

After the way today went, I’m resigning myself to having to research a prosthetic that actually works for me and ordering it outside of insurance. Does anyone have recommendations for prosthetics that can be worn with a variety of necklines/without a special bra? I’m finding that being in my 20s and dealing with breast cancer is going to change a lot of things, but I don’t want to give up dressing the way that I love…

Comments

• bennybear
    bennybear Member Posts: 245
    Options

I am sorry you had that experience, is there another place you can go? I tried one adhesive one, wasn’t sure about it. I know they’re custom made ones as well. I think it’s a journey finding one you like, I’ve been happiest with the Amoena adapt air,

Best of luck, let us know what works for you!,