Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

BCO In Memoriam thread, Part 2

2»

Comments

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,558
    edited November 2023

@aprilgirl1 - Yes, she will be missed. Thank you so much for the info.

The Mods

• celia088
    celia088 Member Posts: 975

Part 2, Starting May 3, 2023

FROM THE BCO THREADS—

KittyKat9876, 7/2/23

Bluefrog76, 7/8/23

Sadiesservant, 6/1/23

jron, 9/9/23

JaneNJ, 9/11/23

nicolerod, 9/22/23

constable's Mom, Anna Marie, 7/28/23

believe60, 11/12/23

FROM THE FORMER BCO CHATROOM—

RELATIVES AND FRIENDS—

Mother of Serendipity09, Norma O. - 5/29/23

Classmates of m0mmyof3: Joe F., 7/30/23; Marvin W. 8/2023

Next-Door Neighbor of elainetherese, Leanne D., 7/5/23 (BC Mets)

Sister-In-Law of m0mmyof3, Allison, 8/9/23

Suzanne Somers, 2023

Friend of exbrnxgrl, Eileen L., 2023

• moderators

Hi @celia088,

@ninaca informed us that @nkb passed on December 29th, 2023:

Warmly,
    The Mods

• cookie54
    cookie54 Member Posts: 828

May nkb rest in peace, I do remember reading her posts and she was sweet and helpful. @ninaca I'm sorry to hear you lost a good friend but it warms my heart to know you both had each other. Condolences to all who were touched by her.

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,950

Can you please add my online friend of three years, Shelly. I will miss her dearly. Although we never met in person, we were in contact monthly through a different online forum. She passed in December of 2023, actual date unknown.

• moderators

@celia088 we add latte123 who passed away this month as well. Her partner let us know.

• AJ
    AJ Member Posts: 261

thanks @moderators for the news about latte123.

• kbl
    edited March 26

Can we please add Woodlands, our sweet, effervescent Francie, from our Zoom meetups. She passed today, March 25, 2024.

We also lost Katherine M., Karen S., Lisa B., and Janine W., from our Zoom meetups this year. May they all rest in peace.

• moderators

We're so sorry to hear about Francie, @kbl, sending her friends and family our love and support.

• moderators
    edited March 26

@celia088 We've added Woodlands (Francie), plus Katherine, Karen, Lisa, and Janine from the Zoom meetings.

• kbl

@moderators Thank you! 💕

• kbl
    edited May 25

Can we please add Debbie D. (DDIL) from our Monday Zoom group. She passed away 5/22/24. I am grateful we got to meet in person and will miss her dearly.

• moderators

So sad to be hearing this, but thank you for letting us know, @kbl. 😔

• threetree
    threetree Member Posts: 1,647

Wendy - When I was first diagnosed as stage 4 in January of 2023, I looked over these threads to see who looked like they were doing fairly well, and on what drugs. I noticed that both you and Emac were having good runs on Verzenio and Fulvestrant, so when my onc suggested Ibrance, I quickly told her that I was seeing people on here doing pretty well with Verzenio and Fulvestrant, and she said I could do that instead of Ibrance and Fulvestrant, so that's what I've been on for a year now. I tried to keep up with posts from both of you, because of the Verzenio/Fulvestrant combo and yours and Emac's good progress for some time, and like you, I shared a number of messages with her when I was starting these drugs. Both of you were really helpful to me at that time. This just makes it harder for me to think about poor Emac and how much trouble she ran into these last several months. She didn't seem to ever lose her spirit or her determination to just keep going. I will really miss her presence here. Did you happen to see her rodeo picture on Mel's thread? (Mel, maybe you could post it here too?)

• weninwi
    weninwi Member Posts: 778
    edited June 18

threetree,

I saw reference to her rodeo pic…and just now see that it's been posted. What a great pic. I remember those exchanges we had. Happy to hear you're still doing well on Verzenio!

• glennie19
    glennie19 Member Posts: 4,833

Please add Spookiesmom who passed away on June 22. She was active over here on several threads. Her daughter texted me to let me know. She passed peacefully with her daughter and son-in-law by her side.

RIP Spooks.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,580

I am so sorry to read this news.

• alicebastable
    alicebastable Member Posts: 1,946

Oh, no, sweet Spookiesmom? Like the loss of so many others, this really hurts.

• mavericksmom
    mavericksmom Member Posts: 1,275

I am so shocked by Spookiesmom’s passing! She helped me through some really tough times, especially when I had to keep working in person in the school during Covid before vaccines were an option! I am very glad her DD and DSIL were with her!
    The world lost another great person!

• AJ
    AJ Member Posts: 261
    edited July 21

10 years ago, when I was getting treatment for stage 2 BC, a group of us became friends through the thread about going through chemo in March 2014. We started a Facebook group and supported each other. Recently a member of that group died of a brain tumor and left behind a partner and child. So sad because she was so young. RIP Emily Parise. I don’t remember her BCO handle.

• kbl

Please also add Penelope K. from our Monday Zoom group. May she rest in peace.

• trishyla1
    trishyla1 Member Posts: 93

Please add Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee. She was a long time breast cancer survivor who died today of pancreatic cancer. Thank you.

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,730

Please add my friend Sarah, she passed on July 8, 2024. We met in college.

• going2beatthis
    going2beatthis Member Posts: 190

@micmel so sorry about you bestie. Sending condolesences to you.

• threetree
    threetree Member Posts: 1,647

Mel - My sincere sympathies and condolences. I'm so glad that you had such a wonderful friend, and she, you. Hugs and peace.