Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

What is the best DIM supplement?

pinkrules
pinkrules Member Posts: 106
edited February 3 in Alternative Medicine

I'm researching diindolylmethane (DIM), trying to find the best brand name, there are so many. Recommendations by your doctors would be highly appreciated. Thank you!

Comments

• mabellean
    mabellean Member Posts: 36

Hi Pink Rules!

What brand did you settle on for your DIM choice?

I too am interested. Also researching Turkey Tail Mushroom to inhibit tumor growth.

My system cannot tolerate Letrozole or Tamoxifen. My heart simply is too weak. (See sig. block)

My new oncologist and cardiologist of record agree on this.

I tried looking on The People's Pharmacy and ComsumerLabs.com and didn't get any definitive leads on either.

Use DUCK DUCK GO and BRAVE Search Engines for key words:

DIM Dindolylmethane breast cancer

~ Mabe

• maryjc
    maryjc Member Posts: 64

Hello! So happy to have found this thread. I have a bottle right now but have not started it. I'm hoping it will help with menopausal weight gain. But having had an estrogen positive tumor, anything that has to do with hormones concerns me.

• mabellean

Agreed MaryJC.

I have just started taking a daily DIM Supplement Capsule and a Turkey Tail Mushroom Capsule as a part of my prevention regime. Look for NOW and Life Extension products as possible selections.

ALWAYS do your own research!

Using DUCK DUCK GO and BRAVE Search Engines for key words:

DIM Dindolylmethane breast cancer

Turkey Tai breast cancer

I cannot take aromatase inhibitor (Letrozole) / SHIRM (Tamoxifen) as their side effects far too impactful to my weak circulatory system and they gave me Peripheral Neuropathy. Both my now oncologist and cardiologist of record agreed with this decision. I must make sure I receive BI-ANNUAL 3 D Mammography, Sonogram, and MRI Screenings.

One must realize all are unique because of our God-given DNA and constitutionally effected needs and make the very best decisions in our treatment. It is crucial to assemble a treatment team who speak as one for our very best decision making that make physical and psychological welfare.

I hope all realize since COVID that cancers are in turbo mode that remaining on an exacting screening schedule can lead to the earliest detection possible.

• pinkrules

Hi mabellean, I haven't started DIM yet. Trying Exemestane three days a week (oncologist researched that three days a week is almost equivalent to seven days) since May but recently started having unpleasant side effects. What brand and dosage are you on? Also, you made an interesting comment about covid. Cancer is on the raise in young people and I'm wondering if there's a connection to the covid vaccine. My cancer happened after being vaccinated.

• mabellean

Salutations Pinkrules,

I hope I am not censored (as I was before on this and other forums with my comments that go against allopathic Rockefeller "advice.") I will attempt to answer you.

Not all of us are following the propaganda that the COVID injections were "safe" and "effective" and should be taken. I did not take them myself. I feel certain had I followed the forceable "recommendations" of 4 different doctors I would be dead by now since my breast cancer went turbo in less than 1 1/2 years.

I'm taking this regime of mostly Life Extension Brand Capsules. The best research I have been able to uncover to stave off breast cancer removed after 2 operations in January of 2024, are the following. ALWAYS do your own research. What is working thus far for me may not be correct for you.

I pray the censors will allow the following for your consideration:

Cancer Prevention Supplementation

1. Turkey Tail Mushrooms

2. Triple Action Cruciferous Vegetable Extract

3. Kyolic Aged Garlic

4. Berberine 

5. Vitamin C and BioQuercetin

6. Inositol

7. Vitamin D and K with Sea-iodine

8. Decaffeinated Mega Green Tea Extract

9. Se-Methyl L-Selenocysteine

10. Taurine

11. R-Alpha Lipoic Acid (treats neuropathy)

12. Vitamin B Complex

My MRI, 3D Mammogram, and Sonogram in June and July show me still clear.

This next Wednesday I see my 2nd oncologist for a followup visit. I fired my first. He put me on Letrozole with horrible side effects and then I tried Tamoxifen for 15 days. Because of my heart failure of some blocked arteries of my 3 out of 5 coronary bypasses I could not stand the assault of these hormone blockers that impacted my functioning. They crippled my feet and up to my knees with neuropathy. After stopping since May I still awake with the tingling in my feet but it is improved to a great extent. As I go about my day and take my supplements and 2 blood pressure medicines I function better. I was able receive #11 stent of my left coronary artery which really has helped me now with breathing and blood pressure so the 2 remaining blocks are not as hypercritical to functionality.

I am angry at myself for succumbing to the pressure of the first oncologist take these hormone blockers or else you probably will get a reoccurrence and it will be your fault for not listening to me "advice." I would not have this constant reminder of neuropathy had I listened to my heart and mind.

I pray for all of us suffering through what has been thrust upon us. May The Lord take our hands and lead us on.

• pinkrules

I copied and pasted your post into my email in case it's censored! I'm taking a break from Exemestane. I'm miserable on it. Life was miserable. These AIs are around thirty years old, why haven't they found something with less side effects?! Can you please tell me what brand DIM you are on and the dosage? My apologies if you already put it in your post but I'm not sure. I have severe brain fog from the medication. My oncologist agreed to DIM if I can't tolerate the AIs. This is the third I've tried. Take care and thank you for responding!

• pinkrules

PS. Congratulations on a clean MRI and mammogram, Mabellean! My recent MRI was cancer free also.

• mabellean

Pinkrules and other Cancer Warriors,

I pray for each of us on this list.

May we all maintain clean margins and defeat the spread of cancer in other parts of our bodies.

The best advice I got was from a consult to a radiologist who emphasized we must be screened on a bi-annual basis with MRI, 3D Mammogram, and Sonogram for the earliest possible detection. That way when or if the cancer reoccurs it can be surgically removed immediately and not be invasive.

As my Cousin with the double mastectomy of many years now says… cancer changes everything.

Indeed. We MUST LEAN ON JESUS now and not the flesh.

I use mostly Life Extension Supplements.

Here are 2 highly recommended to me by a world-renowned research Professor from Spain who posts on Dr. Mercola's Site.

Life Extension Triple Action Vegetable Extract Capsule (approx 800 mg)

Life Extension Decaffeinated Mega Green Tea Extract Capsule (725 mg)

also taking NOW Turkey Tail 500 mg Capsule

I have been censored posting links even the only 2 browsers that are not under Gates / Soros / Fauci Complex of Big Govt, Big Pharma, Big Tech/Media (Google et al) Globalist Control.

Use Duck Duck Go and Brave Browsers only and be incredibly discerning.

Use these keywords:

Mercola

Life Extension

The Truth About Cancer

Repurposed Drugs: Ivermectin

Optimal Way to Use Progesterone to help counteract estrogen excess

Annie Brandt "The Healing Platform: Build Your Own Cure!"

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,250

pinkrules,

I have been a bco member for 13 years. I have never seen a post censored or removed unless it is a violation of the user agreement/terms of service. The moderators do an excellent job and do not arbitrarily remove posts, nor do they remove posts simply because they disagree.