Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Comments

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,886

Here comes da' judge. The one who does her job and does it right.

• illinoislady
  • ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,571
  • betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,840
  • betrayal
  • betrayal
  • betrayal
  • betrayal

Same worm as RJK, Jr.?

• betrayal
  • betrayal
  • betrayal
  • betrayal
  • betrayal

The man cannot dance…

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,571
  • illinoislady

The surface of life is also in a state of constant flux, with good days and bad, victory and defeat.  To maintain, as the ocean does, a deep inner calm, while the storms of misfortune, reverses, fears and worries lash at the surface of life, is to discover the secret of serenity.   Years ago, when Thomas Edison's factory burned down, he wasted no time bemoaning his fate.  Immediately after the disaster the reporters found a calm, quiet man already at work on plans for a new building.   When Emerson's home was destroyed by fire and his precious books were being reduced to ashes, Louisa May Alcott came to console him.  The great philosopher said, "Yes, yes, Louisa, they are all gone, but let us enjoy the blaze now.  Isn't it beautiful!"   Some people are ocean personalities.  In their inner depths they are not defeated by what happens to them.  The towering waves of circumstances cannot reach us when we go deep within to seek the peace that passes all understanding.  While the surface of life is in turmoil we can find an inner calmness to see us through.

Wilferd A. Peterson

• illinoislady

Today as usual, hard to tell where we are. I have read though mainly positive items so far about VP Harris. I am beginning to wonder if that is so because with all the Loon cancellations going on, it is becoming a lot harder to keep pretenses flowing easily.

I guess some hedging is in order so as to be able to say later that the inevitable was obvious. Sigh!!!

I do think it could be at a really serious prop job point now — when you can't even let your candidate go on a visit with the NRA who are so supportive of him. That is softball to the max and yet Loon's handlers are afraid to let him go.

I hope the right people are listening.

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,605

From the same newsletter, this expounds on yesterday’s meme about John D. Miller and The Apprentice. The man regrets waiting so long to speak out. Well, we all friggin regret his not speaking out sooner, too. He is partly responsible for America’s demise:

In an article in US News and World Report yesterday, NBC’s former chief marketer John D. Miller apologized to America for helping to “create a monster.” Miller led the team that marketed The Apprentice, the reality TV show that made Trump a household name. “To sell the show,” Miller wrote, “we created the narrative that Trump was a super-successful businessman who lived like royalty.” But the truth was that he declared bankruptcy six times, and “[t]he imposing board room where he famously fired contestants was a set, because his real boardroom was too old and shabby for TV,” Miller wrote. While Trump loved the attention the show provided, “more successful CEOs were too busy to get involved in reality TV.” 

Miller says they “promoted the show relentlessly,” blanketing the country with a “highly exaggerated” image of Trump as a successful businessman “like a heavy snowstorm.” “[W]e…did irreparable harm by creating the false image of Trump as a successful leader,” Miller wrote. “I deeply regret that. And I regret that it has taken me so long to go public.” 

Speaking as a “born-and-bred Republican,” Miller warned: “If you believe that Trump will be better for you or better for the country, that is an illusion, much like The Apprentice was.” He strongly urged people to vote for Kamala Harris. “The country will be better off and so will you.” 

• illinoislady

Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces up, snow is exhilarating there is no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.

John Ruskin

• illinoislady

For a REAL Magat — likely.

• illinoislady

Birds of a feather.

• illinoislady

Some one said it was an adult "pee" pad, and another said it was a shock pad in case someone accidentally dosed. I don't know, but it the first time I can recall seeing him have to 'sit' on something — for any reason. He's a goner.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

No other ever said such a thing — as everyone just walked away and let that lay.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Well what Michigander wants to go to a rally and get bad-mouthed. VP Harris also had a rally there with a much bigger venue and it was packed.