We are 208,564 members in 82 forums discussing 150,085 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Just Diagnosed With a Recurrence or Metastasis → Topic: Shadow in chest is recurrence

Topic: Shadow in chest is recurrence

Forum: Just Diagnosed With a Recurrence or Metastasis —

Meet others who are just facing the diagnosis of a recurrence of breast cancer or metastatic (advanced) disease. You are NOT alone.

Posted on: Mar 8, 2017 10:32AM

jackboo09 wrote:

Hi

I am due to have a CT scan biopsy of a 29mm shadow in chest tomorrow. Having been told 50/50 chance, they have said this morning that it is highly likely to be Mets and not operable.

I have 3 teenagers and a fully supportive family. Positives: small mass and no evidence yet of other mets although I haven't had a full bone scan yet just the neck to pelvis area CT.

consultant talked about new treatment options from 6 years ago when I was dx with IDC with node involvement and 2cm breast lump. She said not curable and their aim was to get me back to living my life and said years. Is this just what they tell you.

I am hours on only from this news. Crying a lot. Can anyone add any positives.

Liz ( jack boo)

Stage 2b Her 2 + Est + one pos node Age 40 Dx 3/15/2017, IDC, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to other, Grade 3, ER+, HER2+

Page 40 of 40 (1,173 results)

Posts 1171 - 1173 (1,173 total)

Jul 9, 2018 03:27AM Wildplaces wrote:

Hi Liz and everyone,

I am ok thank you - we travelled a bit, got muddy and tired but it broke our routine. Back at work - still trying to simplify. I read often, don't post much because sometimes I struggle to find the right words. I think about you all and wish everyone pain free days.

I have broccoli 🙄🐣 and yes the chooks are enjoying the cooler weather. I have learned how make banana bread - yeah it's full of sugar but I am not a sugary person so I am in no danger - I took it to work for morning tea.

Hugs to all,

😊🌷🐣

Dx 8/5/2016, DCIS/IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 1/13 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 8/11/2016 Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic ovary removal Chemotherapy 9/11/2016 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 2/21/2017 External: Lymph nodes, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jul 9, 2018 11:46AM Sadiesservant wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Just checking in as I start my day. It's hard to believe but I am STILL dealing whatever attacked me at the end of my vacation. It's been almost five weeks now but unfortunately, after a short respite, I am still coughing. It's so frustrating, particularly at this time of year when I want to enjoy the sunshine. Still working in the garden when I can but it's a slow process!

Love the picture you painted Liz of enjoying the start of the day with a cat on your lap. I miss having a cat but Sadie is far from cooperative on that score. There are one or two brave souls in the neighborhood who just stare her down. Despite this, she's still eager to chase - she has yet to experience the raking of claws across her nose. One day she will understand that she needs to treat them with a bit more respect!

No corn Ioana? I still laugh at the memory of stalks of corn everywhere in your garden including the coop.

Winking

Hugs to all as we start another work week.

Pat

Dx 4/2001, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 1/10 nodes, ER+ Surgery 5/10/2001 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary Chemotherapy 6/7/2001 CEF Radiation Therapy 12/17/2001 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/20/2001 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Hormonal Therapy 1/2/2007 Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy 10/22/2007 Arimidex (anastrozole) Dx 1/3/2017, IDC, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/lungs, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 1/27/2017 Taxol (paclitaxel) Hormonal Therapy 3/28/2017 Arimidex (anastrozole) Targeted Therapy 4/20/2017 Ibrance (palbociclib) Dx 10/12/2017, IDC, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to other Chemotherapy 10/20/2017 Xeloda (capecitabine) Hormonal Therapy 1/18/2018 Faslodex (fulvestrant)

Jul 10, 2018 03:58PM marianelizabeth wrote:

Pat I am hoping that this weather will help in some way to tackle your bug. Are you back at work full speed since your holiday? As for the mets support group, I had been on a list for some months while they worked on a plan to start one up. I believe there had been one previously. I do not think that in anyway do they mean it to be what you suggested but rather as Jo said, it is important for a group to work on goes then share and bond which would not be possible if there was a revolving door. in 4-6 months there will no doubt be discussion about how we move forward.

Ioana, good to hear from you as I visualize chooks and broccoli.

Liz, by now you will be on summer break with a shorter work week in the fall. Perhaps this will allow more relaxed time for your family and those home challenges you mentioned. I am working at breaking my long term habit of offering unsolicited and/ or unwanted advice to my young adult children and in the short time I have been doing this life has got smoother. It has been incredibly busy with return of my husband as so many people who want to spend time with him. More on that later.

Di I am wondering how it is going for you and have you got the results that you're waiting for? I hope it is positive news.

JoJo, that is quite the summer list and would love to hear what parts of it you have accomplished and if your 50 to 60% of normal energy has fluctuated.

For everyone I wish sunny and happy summer days or in the case of Ioana, cooler but pleasant days Down under.

Marian

breastcancereh.blogspot.ca Dx 7/27/2012, IDC, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/7/2012 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Dx 9/21/2012, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 7/14 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 10/15/2012 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 3/5/2013 Lymph node removal: Right, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy 4/29/2013 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 5/7/2013 Breast, Lymph nodes Surgery 12/6/2013 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Surgery 12/12/2016 Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting, Silicone implant Surgery 6/26/2017 Reconstruction (right) Dx 8/22/2017, IDC, Right, 4cm, Stage IV, metastasized to other, 7/14 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Radiation Therapy 9/8/2017 Dx Dx DCIS Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy Faslodex (fulvestrant) Targeted Therapy

Page 40 of 40 (1,173 results)