Log in to post a reply
Feb 20, 2019 04:47PM
CT scan was good news - still no change. That's a huge relief but, of course, it doesn't explain my symptoms and leaves me a bit at sea in terms of what to do next. There is a chance that some of it is related to the Faslodex which has been known to cause bone pain and fatigue. Next up is a bone scan but I'm not overly concerned about that as it typically doesn't show much for me.
I'm struggling with the issue of work at this point. While I want to keep going, I'm really I'm dragging myself through the week. In December I felt like each day was torture as I gradually ticked off the time until I could take a few days off - I was exhausted but bounced back quite quickly with some R&R. Now, I'm back to that place again where I can't wait for the weekends - totally uncharacteristic for me as I am normally someone that is go, go, go and finds their work engaging.
Like you Liz, I feel I would benefit from going on a reduced schedule but I'm really not clear on options given that I am on a treatment that, for all intents, is a pretty light touch with a limited SE profile and I fought to get back to full time when I was first diagnosed. I could simply choose to go to part time but the financial hit would be significant, not only in reduced salary now but in a reduced long term disability payment down the road should I need to go that route. However, I do believe that I need to start looking at ways to make this happen. My workplace is supportive but my boss, while well meaning, just doesn't get it. Yesterday she asked me if there was a chance that my symptoms were psychosomatic. Today, when I requested two days of vacation leave to accommodate a visit from my brother she put caveats around her approval - dependent on the rest of the entire management team being available (interestingly two of them take sick time at the drop of a hat.. first sign of a sniffle... gone).
To be honest, while I am generally the tough as nails type, I'm feeling a bit desperate. Thankfully I see my GP on Friday - he requested that I book a physical in addition to my Faslodex shots as I think he sensed that all is not well. I know I'm going to find it difficult but will have to discuss this situation with him. Stay tuned....
Di, I'm happy to hear your team has a plan that is also repeatable. I'm not familiar with the treatment - have they discussed what you can expect?
Sending everyone hugs on this cold day in Victoria. We had a dump of snow that is gradually disappearing but not fast enough for my liking!
4/2001, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 1/10 nodes, ER+
5/10/2001 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary
12/17/2001 Whole-breast: Breast
12/20/2001 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)
1/2/2007 Femara (letrozole)
10/21/2007 Arimidex (anastrozole)
1/3/2017, IDC, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/lungs, ER+/PR+, HER2-
1/27/2017 Taxol (paclitaxel)
3/28/2017 Arimidex (anastrozole)
4/19/2017 Ibrance (palbociclib)
10/12/2017, IDC, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to other
10/20/2017 Xeloda (capecitabine)
11/15/2017 External: Bone
1/18/2018 Faslodex (fulvestrant)
8/2/2018 External: Bone
11/5/2018 External: Bone