We are 220,518 members in 81 forums discussing 155,810 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Shadow in chest is recurrence

Forum: Just Diagnosed With a Recurrence or Metastasis —

Meet others who are just facing the diagnosis of a recurrence of breast cancer or metastatic (advanced) disease. You are NOT alone.

Posted on: Mar 8, 2017 10:32AM

jackboo09 wrote:

Hi

I am due to have a CT scan biopsy of a 29mm shadow in chest tomorrow. Having been told 50/50 chance, they have said this morning that it is highly likely to be Mets and not operable.

I have 3 teenagers and a fully supportive family. Positives: small mass and no evidence yet of other mets although I haven't had a full bone scan yet just the neck to pelvis area CT.

consultant talked about new treatment options from 6 years ago when I was dx with IDC with node involvement and 2cm breast lump. She said not curable and their aim was to get me back to living my life and said years. Is this just what they tell you.

I am hours on only from this news. Crying a lot. Can anyone add any positives.

Liz ( jack boo)

Stage 2b Her 2 + Est + one pos node Age 40 Dx 3/15/2017, IDC, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to other, Grade 3, ER+, HER2+

Page 45 of 45 (1,330 results)

Posts 1321 - 1330 (1,330 total)

May 17, 2019 05:46AM Bright55 wrote:

hi everyone and

Marie Elizabeth..55 is day of birth..I am now 64 or as old as rock n roll !

I dont post very often..sometimes by here and on lung mets .

I have visited your beautiful BC capital in the early 90's camped in the yukon and small plane journied to the high arctic so love the outdoors.

I am still on monotherapy for lung mets....Last three months have had moderate anxiety waiting to see if the change from letrozole to tamoxifen would stablise the lung tumours which had again started increase after three years. This week good news woo hoo tumours have reduced and ct and bone scan showed no progression.

Celebrating with A sister and two friends all outddoor fanatics and me will meet up in the the wilds of western australia for camping starting early june in Broome, swim with whale sharks and magnificant scenery like the Bungle Bungles finish in Darwin

No leg pain as no letrozole .....so should enjoy the ups ands downs of camping.

All the best with treatment everyone

Bright in hope

Dx 2011, DCIS, Right, <1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 2016, Right, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to lungs, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 2/4/2019 Femara (letrozole), Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery Mastectomy: Right

May 23, 2019 02:09PM marianelizabeth wrote:

Bright, I like "as old as rock n roll. I am so old that I babysat for beatniks' kids who lived next door to us in Vancouver. Glad for no progression and no leg pain! Do you live in Australia?

Liz, how is retirement going? I hope it is sunny days and being able to relax from admin and correcting papers and figuring out lesson plans. I am waiting to hear from Di too. Jo, I am going to your blog next.

I know my last post had the bone scan stable but I have had right ankle bone pain non stop for a couple of weeks though it could we'll be physio induced too. My June abdominal/chest CT is to have right knee added and I just called MO office to ask for ankle addition too. Might as well have it added while I am there. Despite that pain and worsening hand pain I am in good mental health and better than in ages. My 3 sessions of counselling at Inspire Health was helpful in making some big decisions and I can go back anytime I feel the need.

I have done the planning and bookings for trip to Atlantic Canada in September, one week in Newfoundland and 12 days in Nova Scotia. I decided to bite the bullet and because the flights are on Aeroplan, it only costs $100 each to cancel.

Marian

breastcancereh.blogspot.ca Dx 7/27/2012, IDC, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/7/2012 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Dx 9/21/2012, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 7/14 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 10/15/2012 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 3/5/2013 Lymph node removal: Right, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy 4/29/2013 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 5/7/2013 Breast, Lymph nodes Surgery 12/6/2013 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Surgery 12/12/2016 Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting, Silicone implant Surgery 6/26/2017 Reconstruction (right) Dx 8/22/2017, IDC, Right, 4cm, Stage IV, metastasized to other, 7/14 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Radiation Therapy 9/8/2017 Dx

May 24, 2019 12:44AM Pots wrote:

Marian, glad to see you’re feeling chipper enough to contemplate travel. NS and Nfld are gorgeous in the fall light. I’m thinking of going to PEI and doing a wine tour in Annapolis Valley in NS in September. I’m sorry to hear you are having a lot of leg/ankle pain, it seems like it’s always something. It is encouraging to hear that you received some excellent counselling at Inspire Health, I think I may need to talk to someone in the fall so i’ll Check them out here in Vancouver.

Bright, I’m Jealous of your trip to Western Australia. Would you post some pictures so we can live vicariously?

I’m in a holding pattern for now. The MO didn’t order a CT scan for my 3month visit today so all we had was the CA15-3 results, my numbers are going up but we don’t know if that is normal or something is brewing I’ve only had 2 blood tests checking the tumour marker. She agreed to order a CT scan and another set of bloodwork for 4-6 weeks from now....sigh it feel likes she’s trying a cost saving measure on me. I’m feeling a bit off like something is not quite right in my chest/abdomen. Stress maybe???

Liz, Pat...how is life?

Be well,

Dx 7/2013, Right, 3cm, Stage IIIB, Grade 2, 5/20 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Dx 5/2017, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to other, ER+/PR-, HER2- Dx 3/2018, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to lungs/other Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole) Chemotherapy Fluorouracil (5-fluorouracil, 5-FU, Adrucil), Taxotere (docetaxel) Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib) Chemotherapy Taxol (paclitaxel)

May 24, 2019 02:12AM marianelizabeth wrote:

Ann, what are the increasing CA 15-3 results? Mine crept up to 41.5 but yesterday, down to 33. something. Standing orders in June do not include tumour markers and I think standing orders last month or so were in error as tumour markers were supposed to be only once a cycle.

breastcancereh.blogspot.ca Dx 7/27/2012, IDC, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/7/2012 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Dx 9/21/2012, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 7/14 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 10/15/2012 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 3/5/2013 Lymph node removal: Right, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy 4/29/2013 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 5/7/2013 Breast, Lymph nodes Surgery 12/6/2013 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Surgery 12/12/2016 Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting, Silicone implant Surgery 6/26/2017 Reconstruction (right) Dx 8/22/2017, IDC, Right, 4cm, Stage IV, metastasized to other, 7/14 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Radiation Therapy 9/8/2017 Dx

May 24, 2019 06:50PM Pots wrote:

My Feb reading was 115 and this one is 157. Some MO use it as an indicator, some don’t use it at all. My MO in Ottawa thought it wasn’t useful info so I hadn’t had it done until I moved here. I have a CT scan booked for June 11.

Lucky you Marian, your numbers are almost normal!!!

Dx 7/2013, Right, 3cm, Stage IIIB, Grade 2, 5/20 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Dx 5/2017, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to other, ER+/PR-, HER2- Dx 3/2018, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to lungs/other Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole) Chemotherapy Fluorouracil (5-fluorouracil, 5-FU, Adrucil), Taxotere (docetaxel) Targeted Therapy Ibrance (palbociclib) Chemotherapy Taxol (paclitaxel)

May 24, 2019 09:37PM marianelizabeth wrote:

Seems that as an indicator, it is done with a san of some sort which you are doing. I also have a CT and MRI in June. Recent bone scan shoed the usual degeneration and also more uptake in a messy area from a very bad motorcycle accident in 1971~~tibia/fibula. But this bone scan compared to the last showed more than usual in knee and ankle so MO is adding knee and ankle to the usual chest/abdomen CT. I have been having a lot of right ankle bone pain but that might be from recent physio. Not worried but happy interest is taken.

Marian

May 25, 2019 02:03PM Sadiesservant wrote:

Hi All,

Sorry to have been MIA on the thread for so long. Life is, as always, a bit hectic. I’ve been busy dealing with our most recent renovations to the house. I’m redoing the family room to create a more relaxing space with a comfortable couch (to be purchased) and a great big high end television. The intention is to have a spot that I can crash and be a couch potato if I feel like it. Plaster has been repaired and painting is underway. Next I need to pick carpet and buy that couch.

Still slogging away at work. I’m still working on the “accommodations” that I requested - no extended hours and adequate breaks - with varying degrees of success. It has helped but it’s devilishly difficult to maintain on a regular basis. While my boss says all the right things she quickly forgets when the next priority rolls around. I had a good chat with my MO at our last appointment in preparation for an ask for reduced hours. But I’m in a holding pattern on that for the moment as I’m waiting for new rules on extended health and long term disability to kick in for management.

I’m sorry to hear about the TM’s Ann. I’ve only had mine tested a few times as they don’t seem particularly useful. Mine were only slightly out of range. I believe 45 was the highest I have recorded. My MO indicated that patients would typically be in the 100’s with my burden of disease. Marion, it sounds like yours behave in a similar way.

Waiting for the results of a recent CT. I had it on May 15th but my MO is away until the end of next week. I’m not overly concerned but am hoping it will explain some ongoing right chest issues.

Sending everyone big hugs. Di, Liz, hope you will check in when you can.

Pat.

Dx 4/2001, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 1/10 nodes, ER+ Surgery 5/11/2001 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary Chemotherapy 6/7/2001 CEF Radiation Therapy 12/17/2001 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/20/2001 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Hormonal Therapy 1/2/2007 Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy 10/22/2007 Arimidex (anastrozole) Dx 1/3/2017, IDC, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/lungs, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 1/27/2017 Taxol (paclitaxel) Hormonal Therapy 3/29/2017 Arimidex (anastrozole) Targeted Therapy 4/20/2017 Ibrance (palbociclib) Dx 10/12/2017, IDC, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to other Chemotherapy 10/21/2017 Xeloda (capecitabine) Radiation Therapy 11/15/2017 External: Bone Hormonal Therapy 1/19/2018 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Radiation Therapy 8/2/2018 External: Bone Radiation Therapy 11/5/2018 External: Bone

May 26, 2019 04:29PM jackboo09 wrote:

Hi everyone,

I am currently in Wales visiting my little niece who has just turned one. My brother and his wife had a party for her with lots of her baby friends. My parents, sister and husband and I travelled down from Yorkshire.

It has been great to get away and have a change of scene. On the drive, I got a call saying that my pension has been authorised for payment. I am relieved that I now have closure after a few last minute wrangles.

So how is retirement? Well I have done the right thing for sure. I enjoy being able to just be. Not rush, have a walk, make plans during the week, not weekend... Still in transition though. I need time to think about this new phase.

This cycle of HP has been delayed by one week to fit in with this trip. When I go again on 31 May I will have to mention hip pain. I have osteoarthritis in my knees and pretty much all my joints ache. I blame the enforcement of menopause and being on Letrozole for 2 years. The aching is pretty bad. I’m going to Spain in July and beginning to wonder how I’ll cope. Also how will I know whether this hip pain is more osteoarthritis or mets?

I send my love to you all. A little troubled by this pain. I’m 48 in my body and 21 in my head!

Sending love to all

Liz x

Stage 2b Her 2 + Est + one pos node Age 40 Dx 3/15/2017, IDC, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to other, Grade 3, ER+, HER2+

May 26, 2019 05:56PM DiV wrote:

Hi ladies! Well I had my ct scan and lung tumor shrunk some and ches wall/scapula tumor is stable so that's some good news. I don't know if I mentioned that the scapula pain got to be too much so the Dr put me on fentanyl patch which helps greatly. Been a really hectic week. Had treatment Thursday and of course had the fatigue as soon as I start to feel a little better my furbabies Riley got sick with diarrhea. As her sickness turned into going on 3 days I took her to er last night at 11:30 and didn't get home til 2am this morning. I had a few hours of sleep and got up to see if she had used the potty pad and her stool was pure blood so back to er at 7am this morning. They kept her and put her on iv. I called at 2 and she still hadn't ate or went potty. I'm to call at 6pm this evening to see if they keep her or I go pick her up. I don't have kids but my dogs are my kids I love them big time. Wishing all well for good test results. Hoping everyone enjoys their travels. I'm so jealous!

Diane

Dx 6/7/2013, IDC: Cribriform, Left, 3cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/6 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 7/9/2013 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Nipple reconstruction, Tissue expander placement Chemotherapy 9/12/2013 AC + T (Taxol) Dx 9/30/2016, IDC: Cribriform, Left, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to other, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 1/8/2017 Carboplatin (Paraplatin) Radiation Therapy 1/9/2017 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Surgery 3/19/2017 Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary Dx 4/12/2018, IDC: Cribriform, Right, 3cm, Stage IV, metastasized to lungs, 0/6 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- (IHC) Surgery

Jun 12, 2019 04:18AM jackboo09 wrote:

Hi to all,

Been a while since I posted. I have walked off the hip pain. Just another nagging pain to spike my anxiety. Looking forward to my Spanish holiday in 30 days time. UK weather is currently dreadful. Rain, rain and more rain...

Did Riley get better Di, I would love a dog now that I’m retired but the eldest son is asthmatic.

Sending best wishes to all. Chime in ladies when you get chance.

L x

Page 45 of 45 (1,330 results)