Topic: Recently diagnosed with metastatic recurrence seeking insight

Forum: Just Diagnosed With a Recurrence or Metastasis — Meet others who are just facing the diagnosis of a recurrence of breast cancer or metastatic (advanced) disease. You are NOT alone.

Posted on: Jun 7, 2022 07:22PM - edited Jun 7, 2022 07:23PM by sparks

Posted on: Jun 7, 2022 07:22PM - edited Jun 7, 2022 07:23PM by sparks

sparks wrote:

Well, after ten years, I was diagnosed with bone mets in March. I had unbelievable pain in my hip and was incorrectly diagnosed with bursitis. Fast forward six months and with some persistence in requesting scans, they discovered that my femur was fractured and I had been walking on it for at least six months then they discovered the mets. I had a rod placed and am 98% recovered from surgery, they radiated the bone and I have been on Letrozole for 2 weeks. I will receive Ibrance tomorrow and waiting for the go-ahead from my oncologist to start taking it. I have unwaivering faith and a tremendous circle of support. But no one quite understand what we go through. So I am hoping to find a friend or two, as I did 10 years ago. Be blessed, always!

Hormonal Therapy 4/1/2022 Dx IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 2/12 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx IDC, Other, 5cm, Stage IV, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Local Metastases Radiation therapy, Surgery: Bone

Page 2 of 2 (11 results)

Oct 24, 2022 07:46AM margarita12 wrote:

ninetwelve,

you have had a very good answer to treatments. Have you been treated only with hormonal and targeted therapy or did you also have chemotherapy?

Page 2 of 2 (11 results)

Scroll to top button