Join Us

We are 218,061 members in 84 forums discussing 160,867 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Why am I so afraid of mammograms?

Forum: Stage I Breast Cancer — Meet other members with a Stage I breast cancer diagnosis to share information and support.

Posted on: Jul 8, 2020 11:05AM

lola12 wrote:

Tomorrow I have my mammogram. If all is well, I will be 10 years since my diagnosis.

Each year, life stands still until I get my mammogram. I don't plan and my anxiety goes off the wall. I wish I knew how to control this, I know the odds are good.

Does anyone also experience this? Any coping mechanisms?

Lola

Lola

Page 2 of 2 (31 results)

Posts 31 (31 total)

Sep 25, 2020 06:48PM Salamandra wrote:

I don't think of myself as having scanxiety or being nervous for tests. But I notice that I am going for my mammogram on Monday and and my productivity has been in the floor the last couple of days while my appetite has been through the roof and now that I think about it, maybe I am a lot more nervous than I let myself connect with.

It's a bit helpful to realize this because I can be a bit easier on myself now.

I'm only two years out. I'm 41 and this is all also a reminder of how my life is different than I ever thought it would be at this age, and different from the lives of many of my peers.

Maybe I will treat myself to some really good sushi if the place near my medical center is still there.

Dx at 39. 1.8cm. Oncotype 9. Dx 9/19/2018, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 10/18/2018 Lumpectomy; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Hormonal Therapy 11/1/2018 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Radiation Therapy 12/3/2018 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/19/2019 Fareston (toremifene)

Page 2 of 2 (31 results)