We are 222,924 members in 82 forums discussing 156,988 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Male breast cancer

Forum: Male Breast Cancer — For men who have been diagnosed or are at high risk.

Posted on: Sep 6, 2019 12:53PM

Johnnybgood wrote:

Hi I am a 64 year old living in Scotland I was first diagnosed with Breast cancer in Febuary 2010 and had a mastectomy followed by Radiation treatment. In 2015 I was diagnosed witth a small cell lung cancer on the same ,right,side Just 5 weeks ago after a routine mammogram they found a new primary Breast Cancer on my left side.The medics say that I am a rare man I would love to know about any others like me. On Monday i had a full mastectomy and now recovering regards to all here

jbeardsmore

Page 1 of 1 (6 results)

Posts 1 - 6 (6 total)

Sep 6, 2019 01:10PM Moderators wrote:

Hi Johnny, and welcome to Breastcancer.org!

We're so very sorry to hear of all of your struggles with breast and lung cancer -- you've definitely been through it! We're so glad you've joined us, though we hate the reasons that bring you here. You're sure to find our Community an incredible source of information, advice, and support -- we're all here for you!

Others will surely be by to welcome you soon, as we have a small but very helpful group of men among us. Lots of very supportive women as well!

We are sending good thoughts for a speedy recovery! Please let us know if you need any help at all while you navigate our Community.

--The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Sep 6, 2019 01:59PM ElaineTherese wrote:

Hi Johnny!

I hope Traveltext or one of our other male breast cancer survivors stops by, but I'd like to welcome you to BCO! Hope your recovery goes well!

DX IDC June 28, 2014, 5 cm., 1 node tested positive (fine needle biopsy); 0/20 after neoadjuvant chemo + ALND; Grade 3; ER+ PR+ HER2+ Neoadjuvant chemotherapy starting 7/23/14 ACX 4, Taxol X 12, Perjeta X 4; Herceptin: one year Chemotherapy 7/22/2014 AC Targeted Therapy 9/16/2014 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy 9/16/2014 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 9/16/2014 Taxol (paclitaxel) Surgery 1/11/2015 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Underarm/Axillary Hormonal Therapy 2/24/2015 Aromasin (exemestane), Zoladex (goserelin) Radiation Therapy 3/8/2015 Breast, Lymph nodes

Sep 6, 2019 02:57PM Trishyla wrote:

So sorry you have to be here, Johnny, but glad you found us. There are so few resources for men with breast cancer. I hope you are able to get the support and care you need.

I'll echo what Elaine Therese said about Traveltext. He's a great guy, Australian I believe, who advocates for better care for men with breast cancer. He'd be a good person for you to connect with. I don't think he'd mind if you sent him a private message.

Best wishes for successful treatment.

Trish

Dx 8/30/2016, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 1/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 8/30/2016, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Dx 9/6/2016, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 1/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 9/28/2016 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 4/4/2017 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap Chemotherapy 8/5/2017 Xeloda (capecitabine)

Sep 7, 2019 05:54AM Traveltext wrote:

Johnnybgood, welcome to BCO, everyone is so helpful here. The lung cancer was a double whammy, so I guess the second primary bc is a triple whammy! Sorry to hear about your latest diagnosis, but pleased that treatment has begun. Apart from the second mastectomy, would be having chemo or radiation this time? Also, were you prescribed Tamoxifen after the first diagnosis? Finally, do you know the type and grade of the two breast cancers?

Lots of questions, but establishing these facts helps us give you advice and support that is based on what we’ve all been through. Keep us posted.

NED breast and prostate cancer. More on Male BC

Dx 03/14, IBC, Lgth. 2cm, Stge IIIB, Gde 2B, ER+/PR+, HER2- ; FEC x3, Taxol x3; Mx & 2/23 nodes; Rads x 33; now on tamoxofin.

Sep 7, 2019 06:20AM - edited Sep 7, 2019 06:34AM by Johnnybgood

Hi travelltext thanks for you response.My first BC was in 2010 it was a stage two as it has reached the lymph nodes underarm.There was no chemo but 20 rads.This involved a round trip of 60 miles each day.it is likely that it is cured. The current bc was discovered after a routine mamogram about 5 weeks ago its very small just 4mm i. don't yet no what final treatment will be as they took lymph node biopsies and will get those results in 10 days. I took tamoxifen for 9 years.I have been a " someone like you" volunteer with Breastcancercare,co.uk I was well trained for it.The Lung cvancer is a small cell Lc for which I received Chemoradiation which made me very ill and I lost four and a half stone.I have been in remission for four years now and still cheerful which is my natural state.

Hope that helps

John

jbeardsmore

Sep 7, 2019 06:50AM Traveltext wrote:

John, I’m assuming you were ER/HR positive the first time around, hence the tamoxifen. Certainly, you’re lucky to have a second primary rather than a metastatic recurrence, and I’m interested, no doubt like you are, to find out the stage, grade and tumour type of the new primary. This will determine what extra treatment you might have.

Meanwhile, you might like to check out the Male Breast Cancer Coalition website here:

https://malebreastcancercoalition.org/survivor-stories/

Good on you for volunteering with BCC. Have you met some men with this disease yet?

NED breast and prostate cancer. More on Male BC

Dx 03/14, IBC, Lgth. 2cm, Stge IIIB, Gde 2B, ER+/PR+, HER2- ; FEC x3, Taxol x3; Mx & 2/23 nodes; Rads x 33; now on tamoxofin.

Page 1 of 1 (6 results)