Topic: BI-RAD 5 score

Forum: Waiting for Test Results — We know, waiting is VERY difficult but we're here for you.

Posted on: Jan 7, 2022 01:49PM - edited Jan 7, 2022 01:55PM by optimistic_missouri

Posted on: Jan 7, 2022 01:49PM - edited Jan 7, 2022 01:55PM by optimistic_missouri

optimistic_missouri wrote:

Just turned 40 and went in for my first mammogram. Have had no issues. They called me back for additional testing and did the diagnostic mammogram. After looking at those scans, there sent me over for a ultrasound. With a BI-RAD score of 5, I know there's at least a 95% chance of malignancy. I have a lump on each breast and it's spread to the left axillary. I've been playing the waiting game for days for them to can me for the biopsies. How much longer can I expect to wait? And when will I get in to see an oncologist?

Dx 1/26/2022, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2-, IHC Chemotherapy 5/23/2022 AC Immunotherapy Keytruda (pembrolizumab) Surgery 8/1/2022 Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy (Left); Prophylactic mastectomy (Right); Reconstruction (Left): Tissue Expander; Reconstruction (Right): Tissue Expander

Page 2 of 2 (12 results)

Jan 7, 2022 09:36PM voraciousreader wrote:

while you are waiting may I suggest that you register at the NCCN website and read up on the treatment guidelines for breast cancer. That way, you will be well prepared when meeting your team.

My son and his family also live in Missouri. You have some top notch facilities there. I wish you well..

Doctor told me regarding my prognosis that I WASN'T on the Titanic! Hmmm...Really?....Okay! 02/2010 Pure Mucinous Breast Cancer, Oncotype DX 15, Stage 1, Grade 1, 1.8 cm, 0/2 nodes, ER+ 90% /PR+ 70% HER2- (+1)

Jan 7, 2022 10:11PM parakeetsrule wrote:

I'm not sure I even remember which scans I had now. Maybe an MRI or CT after the biopsy? I don't think I had a PET until the end of treatment when they wanted to see if any cancer was still lurking around. Like everyone else said, waiting really is the worst part. Not knowing anything about anything is a close second. The breastcancer.org pages are SO helpful. I'd read as much of them as you can about the basic stuff and then the specific pages relevant to you as you start getting more information about your case. Just knowing what all the terms mean makes it easier when the doctors start throwing a bunch of mysterious medical words at you. With my recurrence I didn't even know where it was at first because I'd never heard the names of the specific body parts before. I had to google it.

Stage 2 at 37, Stage 4 at 41. Cancer is dumb. Cookies are good. Dx 3/21/2017, IDC, Left, Grade 2, ER+/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 5/14/2017 AC + T (Taxol) Hormonal Therapy 12/8/2021 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Targeted Therapy 12/13/2021 Piqray (alpelisib) Dx IDC, Other, Stage IV, ER+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery Lymph node removal (Left); Mastectomy (Left) Radiation Therapy Whole breast: Lymph nodes, Chest wall

Page 2 of 2 (12 results)

Scroll to top button