Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Clear breast discharge that led to sono

Options
BarelyHoldingOn
BarelyHoldingOn Member Posts: 8
edited June 2022 in Waiting for Test Results

I feel so stupid. After 3 years, I weaned my son but having had oversupply and overactive let down, I never worried that my breasts continued to drip very slightly, even when it became clear and only one side. This went on for at least a year before I read a pamphlet that alarmed me. Unilateral, spontaneous, clear discharge is a sign of cancer!!! I made an appointment for the next day to see a Gyn. Manual palpation told the Dr that my tissue is too lumpy bumpy to tell lumps apart. I asked her if she thought it was cancer and she only said, "I hope not". I have a 3d mammogram and sono and I'm waiting for my appointment on the 6th of July for results, all the same day as the tests. I had a clean mammogram 6 months ago but they also said my extremely dense tissue made it very hard to read. The scheduler called my case "unique" and tried to set up my tests asap.

I'm so very scared. I have a terrible feeling about this and I can't eat or sleep.

Comments

• alicebastable
    alicebastable Member Posts: 1,940
    edited June 2022
    Options

Are you in the U.S? If so, your results should be available on your online health portal.

There are hundreds of things that can be signs of cancer that, in the vast majority of cases, turn out not to be.

• BarelyHoldingOn
    BarelyHoldingOn Member Posts: 8
    edited September 2022
    Options

I'm so sorry. I'm so nervous I can't even speak straight. I mean I have a 3d mammogram and sono and will get results on the 6th. I'll fix it above. I'm sorry

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,962
    edited June 2022
    Options

barelyholdingon, we're sorry you are here and worried about your breast health. We know sometimes those symptoms can be scary, but as alicebastable says, most breast changes are benign, or non-cancerous. See details on types of benign breast conditions here:

What Mammograms Show: Calcifications, Cysts, Fibroadenomas

Certain Breast Changes

We hope this helps ease your mind while you wait for your results. Please, come back to let us know!

The Mods