Hello everyone, please feel free to join. I didn't see a post for this yet so I thought I'd start one. This is actually my very first post!
I had my surgery 3 weeks ago today. I just found out yesterday that I will start chemo on 5/15. I'm doing 1 session every two weeks, with 8 weeks of Taxol followed by 8 weeks of Adriamycin and Cytoxan. Then (most likely) radiation and 10 years of hormone therapy.
I was crushed when they told me. I had been trying to prepare myself for it since they wanted me to come in person for my appointment (most of my appointments have been on the phone since Covid). My Onco score was only 14 but due to my age, LN involvement and high grade tumor, the cancer is likely to come back.
I searched for this topic because I wanted to know how people are handling the hair loss with the Covid restrictions. At my hospital they have a Positive Image center where they would normally do haircuts/shaves, wig fitting, makeup application, bra fitting/prosthetics etc but now their services are very limited. I called to make an appointment to try on wigs and scarves and they said they aren't doing that right now. All throughout this, anytime I feel powerless over my situation, I ask “what CAN I do?". I thought that facing the hair loss head on (no pun intended) was something but now it's not an option. I guess since I won't lose my hair immediately I may still be able to do this before it happens, but I really don't know how long this (Covid) is going to last! Like many have said in other forums, I'm also sad that no one can go with me to my appointments. I went through my surgery alone (while at the hospital) and all my other appointments alone. It's been hard, to say the least.
Hope to see more of you soon. Thanks for reading.
MAY 2020 ROLL CALL
Username (name we can call you) - [location] - known or likely start date for chemo
- Suz_eee (Suzy) - [California, USA] - 5/7
- KeepingCalm (?) - [Maryland, USA] - 5/7
- UnrealTarHeel (Judy) - [North Carolina, USA] - 5/12
- PJAL (Paula) - [Maryland, USA] - 5/14
- AngelanotAngie (Angela) - [California, USA] - 5/15
- Arizonasurvivor42 (Christie) - [Arizona, USA] - 5/15
- Roxiegirl (Sue) - [Oregon,USA ] - 5/21
- Snowflake22 (Julie) - [Ontario, Canada] - 5/22
- Sabbymama (Sabrina) - [Belgium, Europe] - 5/26
- b00pster (Christine) - [California, USA] - 5/28
- Cali_aargh (?) - [California,USA] - 5/29
- Camama3 (Laurie) - [California,USA] - 6/3
- Smichaels11 (Shauna) - [Pennsylvania,USA] - 7/1
2/3/2020, DCIS, Right, Stage 0, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC)
2/17/2020, IDC, Right, 3cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 2/11 nodes
4/2/2020 Lymph node removal: Right; Mastectomy: Right
5/15/2020 AC + T (Taxol)
Prophylactic mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap
Log in to post a reply