We are 224,869 members in 82 forums discussing 157,980 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: After Radiation

Forum: Radiation Therapy - Before, During, and After —

What to expect from treatment and ways to cope with side effects.

Posted on: Mar 8, 2011 05:02PM - edited Mar 8, 2011 05:05PM by FireKracker

FireKracker wrote:

OK NOW WHAT DO WE DO?

I finished the Rads 3 weeks ago.Now What???

Kind of cream?deoderant?soap?exercise?etc.

How do we get back to our life before BC?

And how long is this process.I would like to hear from other sistas what they are doing and how they are feeling after the RADS are over.

Focktober!!!!Pink stinks!!!!

Page 141 of 141 (4,208 results)

Posts 4201 - 4208 (4,208 total)

Apr 8, 2016 07:26AM Tessio wrote:

Hi ladies,

I am five weeks post 30 radiation treatments. My skin has healed and everything looked good at my radiation follow up appointment 3 days ago. My energy level has been cruddy the past 2 weeks. The last 2 days I've noticed increased shortness of breath, stairs are a nightmare right now. Of course it had to happen after my follow up appointment.

I've also started Tamoxifan 2 weeks ago and my hemoglobin was low on Tuesday due to a heavy period. TMI !! :)

I will call my doctor today, but wanted to check in with my warriors too. Anyone else get shortness of breath post radiation? Thank you!!

Dx 7/2015, DCIS/ILC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIB, 1/2 nodes, ER+, HER2- Surgery 8/31/2015 Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 10/15/2015 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Radiation Therapy Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall

Apr 8, 2016 07:36AM - edited Apr 8, 2016 07:40AM by GmaFoley

Mom46 -

It will get worse before it gets better hunny. I started to take pictures to see the progress because when I was in the middle of it you don't see improvement. It really helped me realize I was improving. I didn't wear a bra and when I started to my skin was so sensitive I wore a pure cotton tank inside-out under my bra. I saw improvement daily but will take about 2 weeks. Keep it clean and you will be ok.

Imagine God in His HUGE rocking chair, rocking you and saying, "It will be ok, you can do it. I will be right here for you". Oncotype score: 8, Rads 28, Bilateral arm, truncal LE and now Obstructive Sleep Apnea Dx 4/19/2011, IDC, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 1/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Apr 8, 2016 07:40AM GmaFoley wrote:

Tessio - I was very tired and any exertion made it hard to breathe. It should pass but if you have any concerns about your breathing, don't hesitate to call the doc. You need to be able to breathe... My asthma did flare about the same time too.

Imagine God in His HUGE rocking chair, rocking you and saying, "It will be ok, you can do it. I will be right here for you". Oncotype score: 8, Rads 28, Bilateral arm, truncal LE and now Obstructive Sleep Apnea Dx 4/19/2011, IDC, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 1/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Apr 10, 2016 12:06PM Tessio wrote:

Thank you Gma Foley! I have an appointment tomorrow, but am feeling much better today. Of course, it is the weekend and I have not been exerting myself. W

Dx 7/2015, DCIS/ILC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIB, 1/2 nodes, ER+, HER2- Surgery 8/31/2015 Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 10/15/2015 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Radiation Therapy Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall

Dec 10, 2017 09:32AM Rhyfelwr wrote:

New here, and will be finishing rads this week. I feel like an absolute mess, and don't know what "after" really means. Are there any others out there lurking who want to join this board and give it a reboot of new sisters?

Just thought I would raise the flag and see what happens. BTW, this is my first ever post.

Rhyfelwr (Warrior, in Welsh. I wish I felt like one. Most days, I feel like a Victim.)

Dx DCIS 5/5/2017; Lump 5/12/17; SLN biopsy 5/19/17 (my bs and I had this Friday thing going); Stage IIA, Hr+/HER2-; AC x4; Taxol x 12; Rads x20

Rhyfelwr Dx 5/5/2017, IDC, Left, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 1/10 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 6/14/2017 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 11/15/2017 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Dec 10, 2017 09:40AM Georgia1 wrote:

Hi there, warrior sister! I am still in radiation land, with number 11 of 15 set for Monday. So I guess we both finish this week! There are a bunch of us over in the "radiation in December" topic thread if you want to say hi over there. It's a more active thread. But welcome! We all have "feel like a mess" days as well as "I can kick cancer's butt" days so that, at least, is perfectly normal.

Cancer touched my breast so I kicked its ass. Dx 9/3/2017, ILC/IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 10/10/2017, LCIS, Right, 0/1 nodes Surgery 10/10/2017 Lumpectomy; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 11/27/2017 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 1/2/2018 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Dec 10, 2017 09:57AM DodgersGirl wrote:

Rhyfelwr - I finished rads about 10 days ago and wondered what's next.....so I started a new thread for those who went through dx or tx in 2017 to give us a place to continue to help each other.

if you are interested, please take a look at this thread

Dx 3/10/2017, IDC, Right, Stage IIIB, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 4/5/2017 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 9/11/2017 Lymph node removal: Right, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 10/23/2017 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Dec 2, 2019 10:28AM BiddyBridget wrote:

Hi! I just started my radiation treatment. I’m trying to read as much as I can to plan ahead. I appreciate the recommendations on the lotions that provide relief. Is there a post or discussion where people have shared their different experiences with tiredness related to your radiation? I have to plan as much as possible in advance for work (Within reason of course :) )

Page 141 of 141 (4,208 results)