Topic: Breaking Research News from Breastcancer.org

Forum: Clinical Trials, Research News, Podcasts, and Study Results — Share your research articles, interpretations and experiences here. Let us know how these studies affect you and your decisions.

Posted on: Apr 16, 2012 12:33PM - edited Jun 22, 2022 01:34PM by moderators

Posted on: Apr 16, 2012 12:33PM - edited Jun 22, 2022 01:34PM by moderators

moderators wrote:

Breastcancer.org strives to bring you updates on the latest breast cancer research through its Research News program. Medical experts at Breastcancer.org provide easy-to-understand summaries of what the research means for YOU.

Favorite this thread to get notifications on all the breaking news about current breast cancer research from our experts.

Get Personalized Research News Stories JUST for You!
Don't forget to fill out your profile: In the top right hand corner of the screen, click your Avatar to be taken to your Profile page. From there, you'll find My Diagnoses and My Treatments tabs in the left-side navigation menu. Follow the prompts to add your medical info, and once you've provided enough information, we'll send recommended articles. Members can save these articles for later, or archive them when they're finished with them.

If you would like to receive Personalized Research News articles, based on diagnosis and treatment information, you'll need to go into "My Profile" by clicking the Avatar at the top right of your screen, and click "Turn on Recommended Articles".

To send a PM to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/my/...

Page 35 of 125 (1,242 results)

Jul 8, 2014 03:22PM moderators wrote:

Telephone Counseling Helps Women Taking Femara Lose Weight
July 1, 2014

A small study has found that a telephone counseling program helped overweight postmenopausal women diagnosed with early-stage breast cancer who were taking Femara lose weight. Read more...

Jul 11, 2014 12:30PM - edited Jul 11, 2014 12:31PM by moderators

Women With Abnormal BRCA1 Gene Benefit From Having Ovaries and Fallopian Tubes Removed; Quality of Life Affected
July 8, 2014

A study suggests that women with an abnormal BRCA1 gene diagnosed with breast cancer are more likely to survive if they have their ovaries and fallopian tubes removed. Still, another study suggests that women who have the surgery have lower quality of life. Read more...

Jul 11, 2014 12:32PM moderators wrote:

Frail Older Women Less Likely to Start Hormonal Therapy
July 8, 2014

A study suggests that frail older women are less likely to start hormonal therapy than older women who are not frail. Read more...

Jul 11, 2014 12:33PM moderators wrote:

Moles May Be Linked to Breast Cancer Risk
July 8, 2014

Two studies seem to have found a link between moles and breast cancer. Both studies suggest that women with more moles are more likely to develop breast cancer. Read more...

Jul 11, 2014 12:35PM moderators wrote:

Treating Inflammatory Breast Cancer With Surgery, Chemotherapy, and Radiation Improves Survival
July 10, 2014

A study has found that women diagnosed with inflammatory breast cancer who are treated with chemotherapy, surgery, and radiation have better survival rates than women who don’t receive all three treatments. Read more...

Jul 11, 2014 12:36PM moderators wrote:

Mammography Has Led to Fewer Advanced-Stage Breast Cancers Being Diagnosed
July 10, 2014

A study has found that in the 30 years since mammography was introduced, fewer advanced-stage breast cancers are being diagnosed. Read more...

Jul 16, 2014 09:52AM moderators wrote:

Most Women Don’t Get Enough Exercise After Being Diagnosed
July 15, 2014

About 65% of women diagnosed with breast cancer don’t meet national exercise recommendations after they’ve been diagnosed, and black women are much less likely to meet exercise recommendations than white women. Read more...

Jul 24, 2014 04:21PM moderators wrote:

Tamoxifen Gel Reduces DCIS Recurrence Risk as Well as Tamoxifen Pills
July 22, 2014

A small, early study found that a tamoxifen gel applied directly to the breast area of women diagnosed with DCIS stopped cancer cell growth as well as tamoxifen pills and caused fewer side effects. Read more...

Jul 24, 2014 04:22PM moderators wrote:

Combination of Two Medicines Helps Ease Chemotherapy-Induced Nausea Better Than Standard Treatments
July 24, 2014

Three studies have found that a combination of two medicines: netupitant, an experimental medicine, and Aloxi, a standard anti-nausea medicine, works better to control chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting better than standard anti-nausea treatments. Read more...

Aug 1, 2014 04:48PM moderators wrote:

Electroacupuncture Helps Ease Fatigue, Anxiety, and Depression in Women Taking Aromatase Inhibitors
August 1, 2014
Electroacupuncture – a type of acupuncture where a small electric current passes between pairs of acupuncture needles – has been found to ease fatigue, anxiety, and depression in women diagnosed with early-stage breast cancer who are taking an aromatase inhibitor. Read more...

Page 35 of 125 (1,242 results)

Scroll to top button