Topic: Breaking Research News from Breastcancer.org

Forum: Clinical Trials, Research News, Podcasts, and Study Results — Share your research articles, interpretations and experiences here. Let us know how these studies affect you and your decisions.

Posted on: Apr 16, 2012 12:33PM - edited Jun 22, 2022 01:34PM by moderators

Posted on: Apr 16, 2012 12:33PM - edited Jun 22, 2022 01:34PM by moderators

moderators wrote:

Breastcancer.org strives to bring you updates on the latest breast cancer research through its Research News program. Medical experts at Breastcancer.org provide easy-to-understand summaries of what the research means for YOU.

Favorite this thread to get notifications on all the breaking news about current breast cancer research from our experts.

Get Personalized Research News Stories JUST for You!
Don't forget to fill out your profile: In the top right hand corner of the screen, click your Avatar to be taken to your Profile page. From there, you'll find My Diagnoses and My Treatments tabs in the left-side navigation menu. Follow the prompts to add your medical info, and once you've provided enough information, we'll send recommended articles. Members can save these articles for later, or archive them when they're finished with them.

If you would like to receive Personalized Research News articles, based on diagnosis and treatment information, you'll need to go into "My Profile" by clicking the Avatar at the top right of your screen, and click "Turn on Recommended Articles".

To send a PM to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/my/...

Page 39 of 125 (1,242 results)

Nov 8, 2014 10:18AM - edited Nov 8, 2014 10:19AM by moderators

Electroacupuncture Helps Ease Joint Pain From Aromatase Inhibitors, Especially if Women Believe it Works
November 6, 2014

A study has found that women who expect placebo electroacupuncture to work get better pain relief than women who expect the treatment to work and get real electroacupuncture. Read more...

Nov 8, 2014 10:20AM moderators wrote:

Experimental Targeted Therapy May Help Treat People With Advanced-Stage Cancer Due to Abnormal BRCA Gene
November 7, 2014

A study found that more than 25% of people with an abnormal BRCA1 or BRCA2 gene being treated for advanced-stage breast, ovarian, pancreatic, or prostate cancer got some benefit from olaparib, an experimental targeted therapy medicine. Read more...

Nov 13, 2014 10:24AM moderators wrote:

Society for Integrative Oncology Issues Guidelines on Complementary Therapies
November 11, 2014

To help doctors and patients understand which complementary therapies are safe and effective for people diagnosed with breast cancer, the Society for Integrative Oncology has published guidelines. Read more...

Nov 21, 2014 04:15PM - edited Nov 21, 2014 10:46PM by moderators

About 25% of Women Need More Surgery After Lumpectomy
November 13, 2014

A study has found that about 25% of women who have lumpectomy have to have more surgery once their doctors have all the information about the cancer and breast tissue that was removed. Read more...

Nov 26, 2014 10:57AM moderators wrote:

More U.S. Women Choosing Mastectomy Over Lumpectomy for Early-Stage Disease
November 21, 2014

In the past 10 years, more U.S. women diagnosed with early-stage breast cancer who were eligible for lumpectomy chose mastectomy or double mastectomy followed by reconstruction. Read more...

Nov 26, 2014 10:58AM moderators wrote:

Common Blood Pressure Medicine Doesn't Increase Breast Cancer Risk
November 21, 2014

In contrast to a study released in 2013, a new, larger study suggests that calcium channel blockers don't increase the risk of breast cancer. Read more...

Dec 6, 2014 10:50AM moderators wrote:

Screening Based on Risk for Women in Their 40s Likely Misses Most Breast Cancers
December 5, 2014
A small study suggests that more than 75% of women ages 40 to 49 diagnosed with breast cancer didn't meet the criteria for risk-based screening. Read more...

Dec 13, 2014 01:02PM - edited Dec 13, 2014 01:07PM by moderators

Device That Standardizes Pressure During Mammograms Could Reduce Pain
December 9, 2014

A device that allows technicians to know the pressure being applied to the breast during a mammogram can reduce pain without affecting the quality of the image or the amount of radiation absorbed. Read more...

Dec 13, 2014 01:07PM moderators wrote:

Study Suggests Earlier Research on CYP2D6 Is Flawed
December 11, 2014

A study by researchers at the Mayo Clinic suggests that the large studies on the link between CYP2D6 and tamoxifen's effectiveness may be flawed because the studies did the genetic testing on samples of tissue from the breast cancer rather than on healthy tissue. Read more...

Dec 13, 2014 01:09PM moderators wrote:

Aromasin Plus Ovarian Suppression Reduces Recurrence Risk Better Than Tamoxifen Plus Ovarian Suppression in Premenopausal Women Who've Received Chemotherapy (with video)
December 11, 2014

Watch an interview with Prudence Francis, M.D., lead author of the SOFT study, which suggests that Aromasin plus ovarian suppression reduces the risk of recurrence more than tamoxifen plus ovarian suppression in premenopausal women diagnosed with early-stage hormone-receptor-positive breast cancer that's been treated with chemotherapy. Read more...

Page 39 of 125 (1,242 results)

Scroll to top button