Topic: Breaking Research News from Breastcancer.org

Forum: Clinical Trials, Research News, Podcasts, and Study Results — Share your research articles, interpretations and experiences here. Let us know how these studies affect you and your decisions.

Posted on: Apr 16, 2012 12:33PM - edited Jun 22, 2022 01:34PM by moderators

Posted on: Apr 16, 2012 12:33PM - edited Jun 22, 2022 01:34PM by moderators

moderators wrote:

Breastcancer.org strives to bring you updates on the latest breast cancer research through its Research News program. Medical experts at Breastcancer.org provide easy-to-understand summaries of what the research means for YOU.

Favorite this thread to get notifications on all the breaking news about current breast cancer research from our experts.

Get Personalized Research News Stories JUST for You!
Don't forget to fill out your profile: In the top right hand corner of the screen, click your Avatar to be taken to your Profile page. From there, you'll find My Diagnoses and My Treatments tabs in the left-side navigation menu. Follow the prompts to add your medical info, and once you've provided enough information, we'll send recommended articles. Members can save these articles for later, or archive them when they're finished with them.

If you would like to receive Personalized Research News articles, based on diagnosis and treatment information, you'll need to go into "My Profile" by clicking the Avatar at the top right of your screen, and click "Turn on Recommended Articles".

To send a PM to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/my/...

Page 5 of 125 (1,242 results)

Aug 4, 2012 08:52AM moderators wrote:

Fertility Drugs Seem to Affect Breast Cancer Risk in Younger Women
August 3, 2012
A study suggests that women younger than 50 who use fertility drugs to successfully conceive a child may see their risk of breast cancer go up. But this higher risk is about the same as the average woman's risk. Read more...

Aug 10, 2012 02:46PM moderators wrote:

Injectable Herceptin Shows Promise
August 10, 2012
A study suggests that an injectable form of Herceptin works just as well as and is as safe as the standard IV form of Herceptin to treat HER2-positive, early-stage breast cancer before surgery. Read more...

Aug 15, 2012 01:02PM moderators wrote:

Most Older Women Seem to Benefit from Radiation After Lumpectomy
August 15, 2012
Contrary to current treatment guidelines, a new study suggests that radiation therapy after lumpectomy may help most older women diagnosed with early-stage, hormone-receptor-positive breast cancer avoid a later mastectomy. Read more...

Aug 15, 2012 01:02PM moderators wrote:

Research Suggests How Metastatic Cancer Becomes Resistant to Chemotherapy
August 15, 2012
A very early study on cancer cells in petri dishes in the lab has found that a type of cell called a fibroblast also is damaged by chemotherapy. Damaged fibroblasts make a protein called WNT16B that may help metastatic cancer cells become resistant to chemotherapy and grow. Read more...

Aug 16, 2012 10:42AM moderators wrote:

Docs Need to Consider Quality of Life When Assessing Lymphedema
August 16, 2012
A study strongly suggests that considering a person's quality of life as well as reducing swelling is very important to managing lymphedema. Read more...

Aug 21, 2012 11:59AM moderators wrote:

Xgeva Better Than Zometa at Reducing Risk of Bone Problems in Women with Metastatic Disease
August 21, 2012
Research suggests that Xgeva is better than Zometa at reducing the risk of bone complication and improves quality of life more in women diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer that has spread to the bones. Read more...

Aug 21, 2012 11:59AM moderators wrote:

Chemo During Pregnancy Appears Safe for Mother and Child
August 21, 2012
A study supports other research that suggests chemotherapy during pregnancy doesn't have harmful effects on the baby. Read more...

Aug 22, 2012 12:06PM - edited Apr 14, 2020 08:03AM by moderators

This Post was deleted by moderators.

Aug 23, 2012 01:18PM - edited Apr 14, 2020 08:04AM by moderators

Aug 28, 2012 12:53PM - edited Apr 14, 2020 08:04AM by moderators

Page 5 of 125 (1,242 results)

Scroll to top button