Topic: Arimidex - Coping with the SE's

Forum: Hormonal Therapy - Before, During, and After — This is a safe place to share your experiences of others considering or on hormonal treatment.

Posted on: Jul 28, 2010 01:22PM - edited Nov 15, 2017 02:01PM by moderators

Posted on: Jul 28, 2010 01:22PM - edited Nov 15, 2017 02:01PM by moderators

Lowrider54 wrote:

Not just for Arimidex but all the Hormonals - se's are so similar so coping with them should also be similar and the remedies offered should work for any of the Hormonals - don't go away, read on if you are taking any of the hormonal treatments....

For those of us who are taking this potentially life saving/life prolonging drug, it does not come without side effects. There are some very lucky folks who don't have any...GREAT! But for those that do, lets share how we cope with the hot flashes and night sweats and stuff.

The 'Arimidex' thread covers more than just side effects and coping - there is much debate over it going generic and the effectiveness of its use. I am putting this up in hopes that new users can find the answers concerning the se's easily. Of course, please visit the Arimidex thread for more information concerning the statistics, research and controversy surrounding many of the AL's and new treatments we are being offered today.

Treatment is always a personal choice - if Arimidex is your choice, these kind folks can help you manage some of the issues that some with taking it.

I elected to take a low dose of Effexsor to aide with the hot flashes and night sweats. It worked very nicely for me. Water intake and walking assists with the possible joint pain. I eliminated as much gluten from my diet as I could (that stuff is in everything....lol) and did not experience weight gain - I did experience 'weight re-distribution' however - it seems to go to the tummy. I haven't found a good solution for that yet. Cool

Good Luck All!

Hugs

LowRider

Edited by Mods to add content from the main Breastcancer.org site on Arimidex: Benefits, Side Effects and More

Smile...it will make people wonder what you are up to...Initial dx 04/99 - CMF; 9/2009 bone mets Arimidex; 6/2010 Faslodex/Xgeva; 8/2011; abdominal wall invaded, ER/PR flipped to TN, Abraxane/Avastin//Xgeva 09/02/2011; 11/2011Xeloda/Avastin/Xgeva. Dx 9/16/2009, Stage IV, 5/25 nodes, mets, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Page 842 of 842 (8,419 results)

Oct 3, 2019 03:07PM kcrd4766 wrote:

For suggestions on turmeric, you may want to look into the absorption of what you take. There are many challenges for the intestinal tract to absorb it. For example, supplement forms that are hydro-soluble absorb better.

Oct 12, 2019 10:39AM Houston2016 wrote:

Hello everyone,

Has anyone tried Glucosamine Sulfate for SE from anastrozole? I have degenerative disk as well but I'm afraid of the glucose and that may not be good for cancer or diabetes.

Thank you,

Dx 4/5/2016, IDC, Left, Stage IIB, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 4/14/2016 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 10/5/2016 Mastectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 12/13/2016 Whole breast: Lymph nodes, Chest wall

Oct 13, 2019 11:25AM nativemainer wrote:

National Institute of Health research does not find any problems with people with diabetes taking glucosamine.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC30421...

Other NIH research does not show a greater risk of cancer of the lung or colon from glucosamin chondroitin, but hints that it may be protective instead.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23529472

"I have come to believe that caring for myself is not self indulgent. Caring for myself is an act of survival." Audre Lorde Dx 3/9/2007, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/15/2007 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Right) Surgery 3/29/2007 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left) Radiation Therapy 4/10/2007 Breast Hormonal Therapy 10/5/2007 Hormonal Therapy 4/25/2008 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 8/15/2008 Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left) Surgery 6/21/2010 Prophylactic mastectomy; Prophylactic mastectomy (Right); Reconstruction (Left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (Right): DIEP flap

Oct 13, 2019 01:15PM Houston2016 wrote:

Hello Nativemainer,

Thank you for your post. I'm kind of concern with the glucose and breast cancer. I read about how we should avoid sugar and carbs because cancer cells love sugar. Has anyone taking glucosamine for their se. Thanks.

Dx 4/5/2016, IDC, Left, Stage IIB, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 4/14/2016 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 10/5/2016 Mastectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 12/13/2016 Whole breast: Lymph nodes, Chest wall

Oct 13, 2019 04:44PM - edited Oct 13, 2019 04:47PM by AnnC2019

When I started menopause around 51 I noticed memory changes. It could be the medication mimicks this. It was one of many symptoms listed under menopause. I have been on this drug about 4 weeks and so far I have a rash on my chest (dermatologist listed it as unidentifiable dermatitis) and intermediate pain in my left groin area. No idea if this is related. I also feel more anger over stupid stuff. I actually felt embarrassed about my use of colorful language while driving. My level of frustration has changed and I started wondering if I have brain Mets or if is it the lack of estrogen. Other than that, I feel fine

Dx 6/19/2019, ILC, Right, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 1/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-, Hormonal Therapy 8/15/2019 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 8/28/2019 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Radiation Therapy 11/4/2019 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Surgery 7/22/2020 Prophylactic mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement Surgery 12/23/2020 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Radiation Therapy Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Surgery Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

Feb 28, 2020 01:20PM Lmorrison64 wrote:

I have so many side effects not sure what to do

Feb 28, 2020 01:24PM Lmorrison64 wrote:

I've been on Arimidex for 1 1/2 yrs and had 2 infusions my joint pain Ibs and now IC is worse

Feb 28, 2020 03:30PM moderators wrote:

Dear Lmmorison64,

We are sorry that you find yourself here but glad that you reached out for support. We hope that you will find this community to be a helpful resource for you. We notice that this particular thread has not seen recent activity. You may want to check out this other thread on Arimidex which sees a lot of activity. It may help you to get the information that you are looking for. Let us know if we can be of further assistance as you find your way around.

The Mods

To send a PM to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/my/...

Nov 21, 2021 10:27AM Copingandcareful wrote:

Plese give us an update

Page 842 of 842 (8,419 results)

Scroll to top button