Log in to post a reply
Jul 29, 2018 01:23AM
Hi TT, the breast is still all red, very hard and swollen, although a bit whiter and softer near the edges.
I have a meeting with the surgeon but not until the 30th of August, the radiologist wants us to wait a full month before showing it to the surgeon to see if he thinks surgery is possible (he did have a meeting with him last week and the oncologist), because at this point surgery is still out of the question.
I am hoping the oncologist will be more optimistic, she always is. And hoping that in four weeks it will not be ten times worse.
Meanwhile I think we MUST start doing something for the left side or I'm toast. And if they can't do surgery in the right breast I think I'm major toast.
My worst fear is that they will send me home and say we cannot do anything more. But they wouldn't do that, would they ? as long as I am willing to keep trying stuff ?
There is some pain in the breast, not a bother, but I'm still dragging from the weeks of chemo and radiation, still waking up slightly nauseated and headachy, and it is taking me much longer than I ever imagined to attack my piles and piles of housework. Husband helps when I ask him, but needs to be trained (isn't that cute) but he is 82 and often very tired, and I always feel I ought to spare him as much as possible. We work it out between the two of us, taking turns being miserable, ahahah.
current treatment - Halaven for IBC recurrence w mets -bone, skin, lymph nodes; past treatments - mastectomy x 2, neoadjuvant chemo-radiation w Cisplatin x2; Halaven, Afinitor, Ibrance, Faslodex, Tamoxifen, etc.