Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Light brown spot forming on left breast

Options
EyeisRobin
EyeisRobin Member Posts: 1
edited April 2017 in Not Diagnosed But Worried

Im 23 years old a few days ago I saw a lightish brown spot on my left breast, its a little bigger than a quarter. Im not sure if I have the mutated BRCA genes however my father recently passed away from stomach cancer (which can also be a BRCA gene mutation) and there is a history of breast cancer with my moms sisters and aunts. Its flat, it doesn't hurt or itch. I guess I just want to know if this has happened to anyone else?

Comments

• mustlovepoodles
    mustlovepoodles Member Posts: 1,248
    edited April 2017
    Options

This really doesn't sound like any kind of breast cancer I've ever heard of.It sounds like something a dermatologist could help you with. I And you must know that breast cancer is extremely rare in 20 year olds. Not that it cant happen, but it's so rare that they don't even keep statistics on it.  

If you're concerned about your family history you should talk it over with your regular doctor. Depending on the ages at which your mom's sisters and aunts had BC, it may or may not confer more risk to you. Breast cancer is generally much more common in women who have already gone through menopause, so around mid-50s and up.  The older a woman is, the more likely it is that she will develop breast cancer. But it's not a given.  For instance, my mother had a sister who had BC at 43; her aunt had it in 20s (back in 1912! and she lived to be 92).  My sister had it at 50 (pre-menopausal) and I had it at 59.  And yet, Mom's 82 and never had a problem with her breasts. 

• kicks
    kicks Member Posts: 319
    edited April 2017
    Options

See a Dr to find out what is going on. A 'lightish brown spot' could be a skin issue that needs to be seen by a Dermatologist.

Of course, none of us can tell you what is going on - only a Dr(s) who actually sees you and possibly order tests.