Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Additional screening

Options
vancouvergrace1
vancouvergrace1 Member Posts: 2
edited October 2022 in Not Diagnosed But Worried

Hi,

I recently had a 3d Mammo and ultrasound. It was Birads 2 but additional screening is needed because they found a lymph node on the left breast. Had a fibroid removed a few years ago after a biopsy and screenings. Going in for additional screening next week. Does the lymph node mean cancer?

Comments

• alicebastable
    alicebastable Member Posts: 1,940
    edited October 2022
    Options

If they thought it was cancer, it would probably be a higher birads score. What was with the lymph node? Enlarged, out of place, or something else?

• parakeetsrule
    parakeetsrule Member Posts: 605
    edited October 2022
    Options
    We have many lymph nodes and they are found all over the body. So there must have been something unusual about it. Did they say it was swollen? They can swell for a variety of reasons that aren't cancer.
  • vancouvergrace1
    vancouvergrace1 Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2022
    Options

They said they needed additional screening. They also gave that portion a Birads 0. They didn't say it was swollen or anything like that. I'm having the screening done next week. I hope it's benign. Thanks for the reply.

• parakeetsrule
    parakeetsrule Member Posts: 605
    edited October 2022
    Options
    If they thought it looked suspicious they would have given it a higher birads number. So they are probably just double checking and getting a better look at it!