Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Tips for getting through chemotherapy

Options

Comments

• Nico1012
    Nico1012 Member Posts: 1,152
    edited June 2008
    Options

Bumping for newbies

• wondering7
    wondering7 Member Posts: 33
    edited June 2008
    Options

Bump plus my neulasta report. I had the shot on Friday. Energy dropped by Sat but I did go out for the day. Felt sleepy off and on. Coffee has no effect on me. By evening I felt tender and my back  and neck ache felt like a flu ache so I took a tylenol and hit the couch and slept there. Today less ache but just also prepping my head for an energy loss for the next few days so when it hits I lie down or sit down and catch up with my eyes shut. Only ate rice and bread last week with proteins  and fruit and veg so maybe branch out this week with dairy ( I did not do dairy on anti-nausea meds) and other grains and lots of washing of veges. Check out the library for cancer cookbooks because I found a couple that have some ideas that I like to rejuvenate myself and my weight loss is slow not fast. Stay positive.W7

• wondering7
    edited June 2008
    Options

Rebump W7

• Nico1012
    edited June 2008
    Options

Luv 2 bump

• wondering7
    edited June 2008
    Options

Bump. Neulasta on Father's Day? My husband said take a break. That was easy. I could hardly think let alone do anything so after sitting around after my shower I watched Dances with Wolves on free HBO. I did get a temp of 99.1 so I took a tylenol. Managed to go to the store for Father's Day dessert, then get served by my hubby. Tastebuds are off. Not sure what to eat . Did have some ice cream, I confess. Slept on the couch again. Restless night. Trying to do some laundry now. Going to stick to anything simple today but try to use a litle energy around the house. Head still foggy so I am going to leave important thinking for a day or so. Will probably have half energy for the week.W7

• wondering7
    edited June 2008
    Options

Bump

• wdornan
    wdornan Member Posts: 8
    edited June 2008
    Options

Hello, Christine. My name is Wayne (Ya men get breat cancer too!) and I started chemo T and C, a week ago. I'm getting 6 treatments every three weeks. The first treatment itself was tough, can I didn't know what to expect. Since then the side effects and not bad. I currently have neutropenia (low white cell count) and have had a couple of injections of "neupogen". Would love to share experiences. I jst jeard about this webpage from someone today. I have read alot about my cancer-- oh I have ICD, invasive ductal carcinoma, had a partial radial masectomy about a month ago. Officially, I'm Stage II N1, if you know what that means.

• LoriFL
    LoriFL Member Posts: 587
    edited June 2008
    Options

Welcome, Wayne! Sorry you had to find this website. But you will find wonderful people here that are filled with support and love. Especially on those days you really need it!

My chemo is tomorrow and rather than get my stuff together for a long day in the center, I decided to goof off and come here.

I am getting Ixempra  for bc mets. Stage 4. It will knock your socks off for a day or two but then everything evens out.

Visit often!!! You will become part of the family!

• LoriFL
    LoriFL Member Posts: 587
    edited June 2008
    Options

Welcome, Wayne! Sorry you had to find this website. But you will find wonderful people here that are filled with support and love. Especially on those days you really need it!

My chemo is tomorrow and rather than get my stuff together for a long day in the center, I decided to goof off and come here.

I am getting Ixempra  for bc mets. Stage 4. It will knock your socks off for a day or two but then everything evens out.

Visit often and visit!!! You will become part of the family!

• Nico1012
    edited June 2008
    Options

Bump

• wondering7
    edited June 2008
    Options

Bump

• Nico1012
    edited June 2008
    Options

Bump again.

• Nico1012
    edited June 2008
    Options

Bumping for newbies

• Nico1012
    edited June 2008
    Options

Bumping again 4 newbies

• Nico1012
    edited June 2008
    Options

Ditto bump

• Nico1012
    edited June 2008
    Options

Re-bump

• katoMato
    katoMato Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2008
    Options

bump.

• Nico1012
    edited June 2008
    Options

Bump for Brenda!

• wondering7
    edited June 2008
    Options

Bump

• lemonjake
    lemonjake Member Posts: 342
    edited June 2008
    Options

a bump to say "CROCS" shoes feel soooooo good on my sensitive feet.

• Miss_Lolli
    Miss_Lolli Member Posts: 72
    edited June 2008
    Options

Sorry Dawn, I came in to bump this thread and saw your question. I'm sure you've asked and gotten an answer from a health professional by now. Hope you're doing well.

• deecsw
    deecsw Member Posts: 19
    edited June 2008
    Options

I took Aleve and some Claritin-D. My onco told me it would be better to switch to Claritin without the "D" bc the decongestant can cause rapid heartbeat in some. I will use Claritin sans D after my next Neulasta shot and let you know how it goes!

Dawn

• wondering7
    edited July 2008
    Options

Bump

• drcrisc
    drcrisc Member Posts: 134
    edited July 2008
    Options

Dawn - In case you visit again, I take Claritin (sans D) every day with my Neupogen shots.  I would recommend taking one the day before also, to get a head start.  I use it anyway for allergies, but it works wonders with the Neupogen bone pain.  I have heard the same for Neulasta as well..

• wondering7
    edited July 2008
    Options

Bump

• lemonjake
    edited July 2008
    Options

Bamp. Bemp. Bimp. Bomp. Bump. and sometimes Bymp.

• Nico1012
    edited July 2008
    Options

Bump for the ROCK!

• Nico1012
    edited July 2008
    Options

BUMP for the Newbies

• lemonjake
    edited July 2008
    Options

Bump back atcha! (my last productive move before sliding off to bed...)

xo  

• Nico1012
    edited July 2008
    Options

Bump around the clock!