Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

The Next Person Game

Comments

• jo6359
    jo6359 Member Posts: 1,993

oceanbum- my mother grew up in Nashville so I'm very familiar with Brooks & Dunn. I've actually taken her to a couple of their concerts many years ago. I'm not a big fan of country music. I'm more into rock, Jazz and Blues. And

I have no grandchildren so I won't be taking any to band rehearsal tomorrow. Have fun.

I usually wake up at 6 a.m. for work. The next person has an exciting weekend planned.

• oceanbum
    oceanbum Member Posts: 3,644

Vargadoll & jo6359, I'm a HUGE fan of Brooks & Dunn!! I've been to 3 concerts. Though I wish it could have been more!! Their music has been such a comfort to me through my treatments. When I got my diagnosis I put in one of their CDs, cranked it up, sang & cried all the way home from work. From that day on every time I felt down about it, I put in one of their CDs, cranked it up & sang at the top of my lungs with them. It gave me such comfort and took me to a familiar, comfortable, cozy place.

Yes, I do have plans for the weekend. Vacation expo - trying to get ideas for get a ways. Then a trip to our favorite winery with our friends to see one of our favorite local singers!! I can't wait. That's always a good time!!

The next person is so glad it's finally Friday!!

• aussie-cat
    aussie-cat Member Posts: 5,502

I'm so glad that my Friday is over. It went okay but I wasn't looking forward to it.

The next person is going to sleep in on the weekend.

• beaverntx
    beaverntx Member Posts: 2,962

can sleep in only if the dog lets us, he seems to have an internal alarm that is set for earlier than sleep in time!

The next person is experiencing a sudden change in weather. ( from the high 60s F yesterday to 35 and windy this morning)

• oceanbum

Yes, Beaverntx!! Us, too!! Mid 60s yesterday down to mid 20s this morning!! Really hard to take, isn't it?!

The next person is ready for spring!! (I am!!!)

• aussie-cat

Hi Ocean!!

I don't really want summer to end and I'm not at all ready for winter.

The next person is getting distracted from their other tasks.

• oceanbum

Yes, as usual. Lol But it is Friday!!

The next person is hoping for a relaxing weekend.

• aussie-cat

Yes, I was really hoping for a relaxing weekend, but I'm not going to get it because my house mate may have a broken rib.

The next person has no plans over the weekend.

• beaverntx
    beaverntx Member Posts: 2,962

No special plans! Aussie, hope your housemate is OK.

The next person is staying in out of the weather.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,586

As much as possible!

the next person has been shoveling snow

• aussie-cat

Beaverntx, thanks for your kind wishes. I hope my house mate will be okay. He's feeling a lot better after taking stronger painkillers.

False.

The next person has been watching TV.

• oceanbum

Aussie!! I hope he's doing better!! Do you know if his rib is broken?

I watched a little last night. I plan to watch "The Masked Singer" tonight and see if one of my guesses is correct.

The next person has had car trouble or a flat tire in the last week. (I did. A flat tire yesterday. In the rain. NOT a great day. Lol)

• aussie-cat

Ocean, I don't know for sure if my house mate's ribs are broken. He can't drive to have an x-ray and there's no treatment anyway, so he doesn't think there's much point.

We haven't had any car trouble. I'm sorry that you did though.

Is your car economical to run or not?

• oceanbum

Well, tell him to take it easy so those ribs can heal.

My van is pretty economical.

The next person would like to take a trip soon.

• aussie-cat

Ocean, thanks. I sure am trying to get my house mate to take it easy. He wants to most of the time anyway because of the pain.

I have mixed feelings about taking a trip. I'd love to get away but it's so much work to organise.

The next person is having a good weekend.

• oceanbum

I'm having a fairly good week, in spite of the flat tire. Lol

The next person has an anniversary coming up. (I do!! My hubby and are celebrating the 40th anniversary of our first date Feb 17th. Well, I am. He probably doesn't remember. Lol)

• aussie-cat

Ocean, congratulations on the 40th anniversary of you and your husband's first date!!

Yes, it's about 20 years since I became friends with my house mate!

The next person has big celebrations to mark special occasions.

• oceanbum

It depends on the occasion. We went to a Pizza Hut before a school dance on our first date. We used to always go there to celebrate the big anniversaries. But it just recently sold and was turned into a cash advance store. We joked we would have to go to the new Pizza Hut location, buy a pizza and go sit in the lobby of the cash advance store and eat the pizza!! Lol

The next person enjoys reminiscing about their younger days.

• aussie-cat

I am very interested in remembering the past but I can't say I mostly enjoy reminiscing.

The next person has been on a cruise.

• oceanbum

Yes, I've been on 2 and would very much like to go again.

The next person has won a cruise. (I did!! From the McDonald's Monopoly game several years ago.)

• aussie-cat

No, I've never won a holiday or cruise but it's exciting that you did!!

The next person prefers summer holidays to winter holidays.

• oceanbum

Our holidays are backwards to your's. Lol I enjoy the summer holidays - Memorial Day, Independence Day & Labor Day because you can celebrate with cookouts, picnics, swimming, etc. There's so much to do!! But I enjoy the winter holidays - Christmas, New Year's Eve because it's such a beautiful time of year & a time to be with family. So I enjoy them both for very different reasons.

The next person enjoys holidays.

• aussie-cat

I'm not sure if you mean public holidays or going on holidays. Christmas is the only public holiday that I celebrate at all and even then I stay home and watch TV with my house mate, which I enjoy. I enjoy going away on holidays.

The next person enjoys camping.

• oceanbum

Sorry about that. When I said holidays I was referring to holidays on the calendar - Christmas, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Easter, etc.

Yes, if it's in a camper. I don't really enjoy tent camping anymore. I'm too old for that.

The next person enjoys swimming.

• aussie-cat

I do enjoy swimming although I don't like chlorinated pools, but I sometimes swim in the ocean.

The next person worries about getting sunburnt.

• oceanbum

Yes, I sunburn easily. But I am very careful to apply sunscreen.

The next person likes to spend time by the pool.

• aussie-cat

No, I never spend time by a pool because I don't go to pools.

The next person has a pretty swimsuit.

• oceanbum

I have several. But that's because we have a pool. So I do spend a lot of time by the pool.

The next person is getting ready to go home. (I am!! Good "seeing" you, Aussie!! Talk to you soon!!)

• aussie-cat

Bye Ocean. I would like to spend time by a pool in ideal circumstances and I have pretty swimsuits too, although I can no longer wear them.

The next person is looking forward to getting a tan in summer.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,586

I like a little color but try not to tan anymore

The next person did something nice for Valentine's Day