Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Please Pray for Dawn & Mena

Options

Comments

• gracejon
    gracejon Member Posts: 13
    edited July 2008
    Options

I am so sorry.

• Mena
    Mena Member Posts: 263
    edited July 2008
    Options

I just mustered up the guts to read these posts, and I want to thank all of your for your compassion in this truly, life-, body- and mind altering tragedy that has yet to make any sense. "Thank you" sounds so simple but here the words are profound; and although my heart has never been heavier, I am lifted by your condolences and kind words.

Miz, thank you for relaying news that I just could not put into words. It's all still so surreal and even typing this seems other-wordly. I know how much you loved Dawn. I just couldn't do what you did for me and I want you to know I do appreciate it even if I sound crabby.

Shokk, I think it was you who remembered my son. He is not doing well and I am very, very touched that you remembered him. 

All of you have overwhelmed me once again with your solidarity and empathy. Marin! Yes, I got your call and saved your number.

I can't say I'm doing a stellar job of getting on with life today, but I did get my hair done (despite the fact that I'll be losing it shortly) and I spent hours visiting with Arpy from Chat. I made myself shower, shave, makeup -- all of it. I guess you'd say I'm on a automatic pilot with God at the helm and my new special angel, of course.

My niece had a quite detailed and happy, colorful dream about Dawn and this helped all of us. She said Dawn looked like a beautiful angel and said she was happier than ever. She was with me and we had our arms wrapped around one another. Dawn happily added that there was even a candy-land up there. She also told my niece that she can only visit every ten years. I'm hoping ten years is nanoseconds up there. I know dreams have all kinds of interpreters and interpretations, but I'm taking this for what it is worth.

OK, I'm blathering and tearing up a bit. So once again, monumental, sincere, I've never been more honored to say,  thank  to forgot you to all of you. Please keep praying.

I don't want to forget anyone and in my heart I haven't. I have to offer special thaks to Cheri. Man, she really knows how to get a girl through the night lol! Thanks for listening and sharing more about Dannyl.

Everyone please be kind to one another and as John Mayer croons, "say what you need to say...." (but do it gently).

Love,

Mena xo  

• Hanna
    Hanna Member Posts: 228
    edited December 2011
    Options

• wishiwere
    wishiwere Member Posts: 934
    edited July 2008
    Options

{{{Mena}}}  Darn, there is no rhyme or reason for the loss of one so young.  Please know you are all in my prayers also and in my heart.  Dang it.....this disease is just too altering in all aspects to be real.  Can it all be a dream, or a horrible nightmare we might all awake from and find its not real?  If only....  Gentle {{hugs}} dear mena...

• whoopsiedoodles
    whoopsiedoodles Member Posts: 224
    edited July 2008
    Options
    Mena, I just saw the note on the "Mojo" thread and found out.  I am so deeply sorry.  Nothing else can be said. 
    I'm holding you in gentle and loving prayer.  Love and prayers, Deb
  • Yogi70
    Yogi70 Member Posts: 214
    edited July 2008
    Options

Mena, there is nothing I can say.  ((((HUG)))).  May God be with you.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 33
    edited July 2008
    Options

Mena thank you for the photo.  My heart breaks!

• whoopsiedoodles
    edited July 2008
    Options

Beautiful photo-thank you for posting it. 

• snowyday
    snowyday Member Posts: 121
    edited July 2008
    Options

Dear Mena, I am so sorry about Dawn, she was a wonderful human being and I just can't imagine how your feeling right now.  My prayers will be with you and Dawn and the rest of your loved ones. 

• TheShopMama
    TheShopMama Member Posts: 276
    edited July 2008
    Options

{{{{{Dearest Mena}}}}}

Words cannot express my heartfelt sympathy, no empathy for your loss.  There is nothing more tragic than the loss of a child.  I will continue to pray for you and your family during this most difficult time.  Hold close the good memories.... Pam

• Odalys
    Odalys Member Posts: 929
    edited July 2008
    Options

Like a Sunbean...

A butterfly flights beside us like a sunbeam...

And for a brief moment, its glory and beauty belong to our world.

But then it flies on again,

and though we wish it could have stayed,

We feel so lucky to have seen it...

-Anonymous

• Naniam
    Naniam Member Posts: 586
    edited July 2008
    Options

Mena,

I have no words that will take away your grief or your pain.  I pray the good memories will give you comfort in the days ahead. 

Brenda 

• Odalys
    Odalys Member Posts: 929
    edited July 2008
    Options

Mena - How are you doing?  You are in my thoughts and prayers. 

Love and hugs

• wahine
    wahine Member Posts: 7,590
    edited July 2008
    Options

Dear Mena,

My heart breaks for you, in this terrible loss. Her picture is beautiful, and I can picture her as a beautiful angel. I am so sorry...words cannot express how sad I am for what you are going through.

(((HUGS)))

Kathy

• newter
    newter Member Posts: 2,670
    edited July 2008
    Options

Mena, oh my gosh, I had no idea about this until this morning.  How utterly devastating.  I wish I had some special words to help but I do not.  You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.  I am hoping thoughts of what a special person she was is helping you get through this very tough time.

Lorene

• Yazmin
    Yazmin Member Posts: 218
    edited January 2009
    Options

Dear Sisters:

Has anybody heard from Mena, lately? Thank you.

• [Deleted User]
    edited January 2009
    Options

I spoke to Mena tonite.  Physically she has not been doing well.  She been in the hospital a number of times for bad reactions to chemo, and twice recently because a large tumor in her left lung has been making breathing very difficult and painful.  They've been through most of the chemos, but they will try radiation.

She called me tonite, she sounded very calm, strong, peaceful.  She wanted to know what was going on in my life, with our friends, what else was going on, she laughed a few times.  She said she's on very strong painkillers. We talked for a 20 minutes or so until she told me she was getting very sleepy..we planned to talk again soon.
  • slonedeb
    slonedeb Member Posts: 133
    edited January 2009
    Options

linora this is deb from ky tell mena i miss her or could you pm me her phone number i would love to talk her again before i die    thank you deb from ky

• Yazmin
    edited January 2009
    Options

Linora:

I am most grateful for this update, although I wished the news were better. I have been desperately waiting to hear something, anything from Mena. Won't you please tell her she is very much on my mind and, I am sure, on the minds of many on this website. I cheer her on in her battle to get through this.

Again, thank you for thinking of posting this.

• [Deleted User]
    edited January 2009
    Options

Thank you girls for responding.  I do not think it is a long time for Mena; she told me the cancer has taken over her body, I don't know how long she has.  Yazmin and Slonedeb, I will tell her that both of you have asked for her.  I am thinking of going to New Jersey to be with her.
  • Yazmin
    edited January 2009
    Options

Thank you again, Linora, although my heart is just broken.

• iodine
    iodine Member Posts: 869
    edited January 2009
    Options

Linora, please add my heartfelt prayers to Mena and bless you, you are a great friend.  So glad you had this update, I've been wringing my hands cause I couldn't find anything from Mena since last year.  Thank you.

• [Deleted User]
    edited January 2009
    Options

I talked with Mena again and she sounded quite good...she was on her way to the hospital for radiation treatment.  She was actually driving herself...I really don't know what is going on and will try to call again for an update.  Am praying that the radiation works, and that our little trooper will go into remission...

Linora

• [Deleted User]
    edited January 2009
    Options

Elaine, Yazmin, Iodine, other friends of Mena,

I talked to Mena again today.  She was on her way to the hospital again for radiation.  I very pointedly asked her how she was and how she felt, and she said, I'm fine, I look fine, but I'm coughing right now and that's because I'm short of breath.  It's getting so I'm short of breath all the time.  And the pain doesn't go away, I'm on Darvocet and Tylenol III and my patch, and it doesn't touch it.  She said, I'm afraid to go to sleep, I might not wake up.

Her left lung has a very large tumor and there are lots of tumors in both of her lungs.  We are hoping the radiation will work, but she told me that the pain was worse after the first treatment. She is also considering a new chemo.  She is fighting, she has a strong will to live, and she is not giving up.

I believe *very strongly* in the power of prayer and the ability to heal, so I am asking you all to pray for her, and ask those who know Mena to pray.  It really matters now. 

Thank you.

Linora 

• iodine
    iodine Member Posts: 869
    edited January 2009
    Options

Candles lit and prayers flying up.

• rockwell_girl
    rockwell_girl Member Posts: 517
    edited January 2009
    Options

I'm praying for Mena & Dawn also

• whoopsiedoodles
    edited January 2009
    Options

Oh no....I, too, have wondered often about our Mena.  I will certainly pray for her and her strength and courage. 

Love and prayers, Deb

• AnnaM
    AnnaM Member Posts: 136
    edited January 2009
    Options

I am praying for Mena. I had no idea.....

• Reneepals
    Reneepals Member Posts: 64
    edited January 2009
    Options

Mena,

I am praying for strength for you. Be well & stay strong! So sorry about dawn, she was truly beautiful.

• EWB
    EWB Member Posts: 592
    edited January 2009
    Options

Thank you for the update, my prayers are with her. I wish I could do more.

Elaine