Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Please Pray for Dawn & Mena

Options
13»

Comments

• spar2
    spar2 Member Posts: 3,631
    edited January 2009
    Options

Mena, I am praying for the rads to work and for healing. Keep on fighting.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 33
    edited January 2009
    Options

Thank you, thank you for your prayers.  This lady wants to live, and she's just about the coolest lady I ever knew!!!

Kiss 

• leaf
    leaf Member Posts: 1,821
    edited February 2009
    Options

Hoping with all my heart for Mena.

• littlecatsfeet
    littlecatsfeet Member Posts: 23
    edited February 2009
    Options

I haven't been here in a while, but I remember Mena - lifting her up in prayer now.

• Maryiz
    Maryiz Member Posts: 24
    edited February 2009
    Options

Mena, I hope you are improving with treatment.  Thinking of you and including you in my prayers.  Maryiz

• Mizsissy2
    Mizsissy2 Member Posts: 28
    edited May 2009
    Options

Neither Mena or I have been active on the boards for some time but we have been in touch.  Last January Mena was very ill; she had tumours in her lungs, she had difficulty breathing and was in continual pain.  She had been in the hospital three times for problems with pain and breathing.  When we talked that last January, we thought it was the last time.

Perhaps we were both strengthened a little by talking, but by some miracle Mena got better.  She was in radiaition therapy, followed by a new chemo regieme, and by February she was asymptomatic.  No breathing problems, no pain patch, life was good again.

Then a few weeks ago she began getting short of breath again and went back for her periodic cat scan and they found a problem in her liver.  She recently had a biopsy on her liver and they found the cancer had spread to yet another organ and the lymph nodes around.  But she is still fighting, she is still very much alive, and she still needs your prayers.

She's still talkin and kickin...

Mizsissy 

• whoopsiedoodles
    whoopsiedoodles Member Posts: 224
    edited May 2009
    Options

Mena has been weighing on my heart and mind a lot lately.  Thank you for the update, and please let her know we will all be holding her in prayer.   

• ShastaDaisy
    ShastaDaisy Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2009
    Options

Mena, of all the women who have participated on the board, you are the one who gave us her heart and soul.  We are with you always.
  • patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited May 2009
    Options

My dear Lord, Father in Heaven, we lift up Mena in prayer to you that you will give her comfort and touch her body in a miraculous way.  That this too shall pass and she will once again come through it victorious.  We ask your guidance for her doctors and entire medical staff as they go about their daily rounds providing care to her.  Touch her family and friends as they wait and hope and support and love this precious child of yours.  In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

Mizsissy, thank you for being a friend and keeping us posted.