Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

PORT PLACEMENT - Detailed description of process

Options
1333435363739»

Comments

• WC3
    WC3 Member Posts: 658
    edited July 2018
    Options

alienkiller:

That sounds horrible! Unfortunately though that type of conduct happens more often than it should. Some doctors just don't want to stop because they want to get it done with, and there have been a few instances of doctors charged with assault over such things.

Some people are resistant to lidocaine or they have an unusual anatomy that makes it difficult for the doctor to find the nerve but they almost always have alternatives whether that be more lidocaine, trying again, a different anesthetic or twilight sedation.

Having had lidocaine resistance problems in the past, I typically discuss this and potential alternatives with the medical team before hand so they know if I say I feel something, I feel it, and so they are prepared to give me a bigger dose or try something else if necessary.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,879
    edited July 2018
    Options

WC3 on kindle POS. Very hard to type a response.

Very glad you gave the description that you gave and your words

• Micheledale
    Micheledale Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2018
    Options

Hi How soon after the placement can one exercise?

M

• sas-schatzi
    edited December 2018
    Options

Oh sorry, Micheledale . There used to be multiple people that monitored this thread. I guess we have all grown old. YAY. Breastcancer humor. really lame. 

Sorry no one popped into answer.

Generally, the question you asked regarding exercise is a verbal instruction from discharge staff and in the written instructions. Apparently it was missed with you. Had I been here in a timely manner after your discharge I would have said contact your surgeons office. Surgeons, generally, have a same time scenario for activity. But some can have variances. So, even if anyone had answered it would have been outside our scope to answer.

• cowgirl13
    cowgirl13 Member Posts: 774
    edited February 2019
    Options

Bump

• sas-schatzi
    edited March 2019
    Options

Bump

• cowgirl13
    cowgirl13 Member Posts: 774