Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Check out my 3-Day Breast Cancer Page

Options

I will be walking in Chicago this year for the 3-day 60 mile walk. I walked last year in San Fran and it was great!

Comments

• bluewillow
    bluewillow Member Posts: 28
    edited February 2009
    Options

Hi Alie,

I just want to send along lots of good wishes for your Walk and thank you for your courage and support!!   I enjoyed reading your 3-Day page and am very touched by your story. 

You are wonderful and beautiful!!!!!!!

Mary Jo

• aliehoop33
    aliehoop33 Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2009
    Options

Thanks so much Mary Jo!  I appreciate the kind words of support!  I'm glad you liked my page!  Have a great day :)

Alie

• whoopsiedoodles
    whoopsiedoodles Member Posts: 224
    edited February 2009
    Options

Aliehoop,

I do think your intent is honest and pure.  However, I also think it might be a good idea to run this through the moderators, because this may be deemed against the guidelines of the boards. 

Thanks, Deb

• smithlme
    smithlme Member Posts: 383
    edited February 2009
    Options

Alie,

I agree with Deb...check with the moderators regarding this. I, too, am walking in the San Francisco 3-Day...this time as a survivor! Fund raising for the 3-Day, even though it's a great cause, shouldn't be done on this board. Check out the 3-Days' pages regarding fund-raising ideas. You'll get a lot of information there...

Linda

• aliehoop33
    aliehoop33 Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2009
    Options

Deb and Linda, thanks for telling me that!  I appreciate it.  I just was going through some of the other previous topics and saw that there were several others that had put their information on regarding walks that they were fundraising for such as the 3-day and Avon walk as well....that's why I posted mine.  I didn't know anything about asking moderators etc, but thank you.  And Linda, that's awesome you are walking as a survivor, I love it!!!  San Fran was where I walked last year and it was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!  The hills killed me b/c I wasn't used to that since I live in FL, but it was great!!  I hope you have an amazing walk!  And thanks again ya'll.

Alie