Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

NEW Oncotype Dx Roll Call Thread

Options

Comments

• u32374
    u32374 Member Posts: 9
    edited May 2009
    Options

DX 03/08/09, LMP 03/13/09, IDC <1 cm, stage 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+PR+HER-, Arimidex, Brachytheraphy ( rads through 23 chest caths 2 X 4 ) Onco score 25, pending port placement and T/C X 6  

Decided for chemo as my father had colon cancer which went to mets, one brother died of heart attack at 40 and another has liver cancer which has gone to mets.  Decided  to throw everything I could at it.

This is the question I asked my doctor...... what would you have your wife do?  And then you do love her don't you?

• KEW
    KEW Member Posts: 450
    edited May 2009
    Options

Seagan--See if you can get a bone density test done.  If you show any bone loss you can have Zometa and insurance will pay for it.  I had one done, good news, great bones, bad news, I have to wait to use Zometa, but I'm still kind of uncomfortable with some of the potential SE's.

JB-Thanks for the good wishes on my score.  I'm hopeful that my BLM, Hyster/OOPH, and Tam will do the trick and I will be a wise old woman one day.

Hugs to all,

Karen

• Hemen
    Hemen Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2009
    Options

Hi everybody,

Thank you SAMIAN40 for starting this thread and for everyone else who posts on it. I've been following you all for a while as I waited for my results and it is so helpful. 

I am 41, premenopausal, DX 3/13/09, LMP and SNB 4/3/09. ER+PR+ HER2- . IDC 1.1 cm, 0/4 nodes.  Onco score 22 (14 % recurrence).  I signed up for the Tailorx trial and was randomized to chemo, however, both my oncologists and my 2nd opinion oncologists recommended chemo anyway which made the decision easier. I will do T/C X 4 (start Monday--yikes) then 6 weeks of RADS then 5 years of TMXF. 

Trying to stay positive through all of this!

• ann-idiot
    ann-idiot Member Posts: 41
    edited May 2009
    Options

Seabee and I are in a similar boat dx wise. She went with the no chemo and I applaud her. My onco dx score is 11 and it was my 1 positive sent node that had all the Yale doctors wanting chemo. Monday I finished TC x 4. My onc gave me a 20% lower dose than normal (after my 1st tx which was wicked nasty) There's a great doctor here who made equal arguments pro and anti chemo based on the new BC findings (new as in the advances over the past 5 years) It was not long ago that doing chemo in my case was a no-brainer. Today, not doing it in specific cases, is more than justified. As one of the "side-effects" (if you can call it that) of chemo is leukemia, it becomes a weighty decision when the onco dx is low and the doctors are still waving their chemo pom-poms at you. My dx is ILC, which is a sneaky monkey in that it's possible to have a hidden patch 4cm away from the lumpectomy site with "technically" clear margins, as opposed to you-betcha clean margins. Everyone is different, it's nice to get lots of opinions but the choice is yours.

• kt57
    kt57 Member Posts: 75
    edited May 2009
    Options

Samiam:  Hope you are feeling better.  Thank you for keeping up this thread.  My info update - age 51, RAD X 30, AMDX.  

moodyk13:   Hope your and your family are well -- how's your dtr?  

• samiam40
    samiam40 Member Posts: 93
    edited May 2009
    Options

This is the question I asked my doctor...... what would you have your wife do?  And then you do love her don't you?

Good one. That made me LOL!

I think I have added all the newbies.  Thanks to everyone who's inquired about my health.  I'm during my "chemo holiday", and feel pretty great most of the time--just a little more tired than usual.  I'm keeping very busy with work and family and am not on bc.org as much these days, but I will keep this thread updated as long as I can, for at least a few more months. 

GL everyone!

• ajlive
    ajlive Member Posts: 14
    edited May 2009
    Options

8%=12 Score (LMP, SNB, RAD x 28, FM)

• KEW
    KEW Member Posts: 450
    edited May 2009
    Options

Samiam---Glad to see your post!  I hope you contiune to do well, it is good to be busy.  I send you good thoughts often.

Karen

• Macchick
    Macchick Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2009
    Options

Diagnosed at age 44.  Got my score in April.  13 with 9% chance of recurrence.  However, I've opted not to do Tamoxifen so my onco said this ups my 9% chance to 18% (doubles).  So, for the purpose of this roll call I guess my numbers are 18% and 13.  Did not do chemo or rads either.  Surgery and healthy lifestyle all the way for me.  Thanks for maintaining this list, samiam40!

• DoreenF
    DoreenF Member Posts: 59
    edited May 2009
    Options

samiam40 - you can add my age at diagnosis is you want ...  I was 44 when diagnosed - 4 years ago! (so you can find me easily my oncotype DX score was 19).

Doreen 

• Seabee
    Seabee Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2009
    Options

Samiam--my age at diagnosis was 66.

• aprilgirl1
    aprilgirl1 Member Posts: 757
    edited May 2009
    Options

samiam - I was 44 when diagnosed - thank you for keeping up with this.  I hope treatment is going well for you!  My oncotype was 23 (Aprilgirl1)

• sunandsandgirl
    sunandsandgirl Member Posts: 23
    edited May 2009
    Options

Samian,

My age at diagnosis was 46.  You are doing a wonderful job with this site.

sunandsandgirl 

• darsura
    darsura Member Posts: 14
    edited May 2009
    Options

Samiam:  I was 51 at diagnosis.  My oncotype score was 9.  Thanks!

• CL1960
    CL1960 Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2009
    Options
    I was 47 at dx.  I had a BLM w/R. Pet/CT scan 9-08, no mets. My Oncotype score was 23.  I decided with my onc to proceed with TCx4. My onc believed that if the chemo was beneficial to me, since I was in the grey area, it would provide me  with 3-4% additional protection. I am happy with my decision.  It wasn't as bad as I imagined, I didn't get sick once, even gained weight (unfortunately) with treatment (27lbs). I did lose most of my hair, my tx finished 1-6-09 and now I have about 1.5 inches of hair and I daringly go without a wig  Smile.   I had a hsty 4/09.  My first flw up after the hsty I had lost 22lbs. I am now on an AI... not sure I am happy with the side effects... insomnia and joint pain. I will be really concerned if I start to gain weight.  The cost of the AI is much more as well, $5 tamox vs $100 AI.  So, I will need to discuss with my onc next week whether or not it is a good idea for me to go back on tamox.  I won't take Zometa for fear of the risk of ONJ, which I think would be worse for me than the BC. Although I feel I have thrown everything I can at this, I am still depressed and scared most days... I am on an anti depressant... I wish I could find the peace so many of you strong women have found, it's admirable.  Wishing everyone the very best!
  • lmays
    lmays Member Posts: 23
    edited May 2009
    Options

This is such a cool thread!

Here are my stats:  8% = 12 score (LMP, SNB, LM, TMXF, R)

• achen2iron
    achen2iron Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2009
    Options

Waiting on my oncotype test results, just wondering if multi focal makes a difference. Anyone else have multi focal? what did you do with oncotype score?

• marlenet
    marlenet Member Posts: 114
    edited June 2009
    Options

Samiam Hi~You can add my age too. 44.  

• ann-idiot
    ann-idiot Member Posts: 41
    edited June 2009
    Options

I have multi-focal ILC. Dx at 44. Onco score = a measly 11. Had 1 positive node, 14 removed. Even though the score was low, had a lumpectomy with "technically" clear margins, rads x33 and TCx4.

• lmays
    lmays Member Posts: 23
    edited June 2009
    Options

48 yoa @ dx

• Seabee
    edited June 2009
    Options

achen2iron--

Mine was multifocal, but it was entirely ILC. The only difference this made in my case was that it made getting clear margins more difficult, but not impossible. If the multifocal tumor is widespread and the breast small, mastectomy may be the only option. I don't think it makes any difference in prognosis.

• KatMacBart
    KatMacBart Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2009
    Options

Hi all...I just got my results today - 7!

Thank you so much for having this thread....I've been reading and praying...

I'm 47, LMP, SNB, RADS, TMXF.

I was all ready for chemo, I even cut my hair short.  This is a glorious day.

Kathy

• samiam40
    samiam40 Member Posts: 93
    edited June 2009
    Options

Just a quick note to say that I am out of town this week with very limited computer access and will not be able to update anyone's information until I return home on the 7th.  Be well everyone.

• encoremom
    encoremom Member Posts: 37
    edited June 2009
    Options

I am already on  your list.  I was 52 with a score of 24.  Bilateral mastectomy, no radiation, no chemo, on Arimidex.

• Seabee
    edited June 2009
    Options

KatMacBart--Congratulations! My theory is that it's best to expect the worst re. BC treatment, because it's such a thrill when something goes right. I still have the port that was put in because my BS and onc both expected me to have to do chemo, and I was resigned to it. It was a great afternoon when I got my copy of the reportl

My BS seems reluctant to remove the port, though. Maybe she will if I get an "all clear"on the followup mammogram.

• KatMacBart
    KatMacBart Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2009
    Options

Thank you, Seabee!  I can't tell you how happy I am to have dodged that one...I know how difficult it is to undergo chemo treatments, I watched my sister battle inflamitory breast cancer -- and two years of chemo, only to loose her battle on June 5th, 2008.  I was diagnosed 9 months later with IDC.  My sister was stage 4 at diagnosis, I was stage one - different kind, but still, I tried to prepare myself.

June 5th was bitter sweet, but I know my dear sister is looking out for me.

I am happy to hear you have dodged this also and I wish you an all clear on your next mammogram.

My heart and prayers go out to all the wonderful woman that have had to hear those words  'you have breast cancer....'

Kathy

• lemont
    lemont Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2009
    Options

Oncotype score 40 - 27% (age 48, BRCA neg, SNB, LMP x 2, BLM w/o R, BLM Revision, T/C x 4, AMDX)

• achen2iron
    achen2iron Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2009
    Options

Samiam -

Age 44, 10% 15 - BLM w/TRAM, SNB, OOPH, HSTY, TMXF.

Thanks

• Beach2Read
    Beach2Read Member Posts: 16
    edited June 2009
    Options

Oncotype score 45 with recurrence of 30%

LMP and SNB 3/6; LM 4/3; Will be starting T/C x 4 this week followed by FM

• katsOK
    katsOK Member Posts: 23
    edited June 2009
    Options

oncotype score 27 with recurrence of 18% Will be starting TC x 4 june 11th 2009.  LMP and SNB 4/29